Vacancy at IITA
Background: The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), a non-profit organization based in Africa, works in partnership with national agricultural agencies to increase food production in tropical Africa. IITA seeks a dynamic and enthusiastic team player to join its team in Accra, Ghana as Finance Manager (FM).
Initial appointment is for two years. IITA offers a competitive remuneration package paid in US dollars. This is a regional position and is open to nationals and residents of Cameroun, Cote d'Ivoire, Ghana, Liberia and Nigeria.
■SUSTAINABLE TREE CROPS PROGRAM (STCP) FINANCE MANAGER
The position of STCP Finance Manager will be based at the STCP Regional Office in Accra, Ghana. The STCP operates in Liberia, Cote d'ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria and Cameroon and therefore the Finance Manager will be expected to travel to these countries. The position will coordinate and provide support to the country offices on all accounting and financial matters and prepare regular financial updates for management. The position will be responsible for the final preparation of all STCP financial reports for specific projects. In collaboration with the country offices the position will analyse cost data of major activities and prepare study reports. He/She will report to the STCP Program Manager.
* Advanced degree in a relevant field - accounting, business administration, public
administration, and management, preferably an MBA
* Must be a Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Accountant
* Preferably with 10 years progressive experience in managing corporate finance, including reporting to senior management
* Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
* Proficiency in at least one major enterprise management system (oracle, sun, etc.) and relevant computer applications
* Experience in a multidisciplinary research organization and cross-cultural environment,
preferably in a not-for-profit organization and rural development would be advantageous * Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is essential
* Experience in staff training and mentoring will be an advantage
* Knowledge of French is an added value
Method of Application:
Applications including curriculum vitae, names and addresses of three referees should be addressed to the Human Resources Manager. Please complete our online application form using this link: http://old.iita.org/cms/details/job_application.aspx
Closing Date: November 15, 2010
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from women candidates. For more information on /ITA, visit: http://www/iita.org/
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.