Director of Internal Audit at LASU
Posted on: 12 July, 2011
Deadline: 26 July, 2011
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View All Jobs at LASU
Lagos State University (LASU) was established in 1983 by the Enabling Law of Lagos State, for the advancement of learning and establishment of academic excellence. The University caters for a large student population, enrolled in full-time and 'part-time programmes at the Diploma, Undergraduate and Postgraduate Levels. Lagos State University operates a Multi-Campus System with four (4) fully owned Campuses, having its main Campus at Ojo (along the Badagry Expressway) and other Campuses at Epe, Ikeja and Surulere, as well as eight (8) External Systems at Anthony Village, Ikoyi, Isolo, Jibowu, Badagry, Agege and Lekki.
The Director of Internal Audit
The Director of Internal Audit is responsible to the University Governing Council and has dotted responsibility to the Vice-Chancellor for the day to day running of the Unit.
1. Directs the manner in which the University accounts are to be audited .
2. Participates in Committee especially Executive and Council Committees dealing with Finance and Resource Control.
3. Collaborates in issues affecting design of systems of accounts, Internal Control, Manpower Staff Remuneration/Wages, Personnel and Investment Portfolios .
4 Examines/reviews from time-to-time, the University procedures for Write-offs, Purchasing, Valuation of Stock and Inventory Pricing .
5 Conducts special Audit, or Additional Audit where he finds it necessary or when normal audit reveals gross irregularities or mismanagement.
6 Prepares reports for Management on Annual, Quarterly, Monthly basis, etc. and other formal reports from the Unit.
7 Such other duties as may become necessary or as directed by the Vice-Chancellor the Governing Council and the University Management.
Candidate for the post of director, internal audit, LAGOS STATE UNIVERSITY should possess:
A good honour degree/HND in accounting, PLUS ,ACA ACCA/ACMA, CPA
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should apply with fifteen (15) copies of their credentials and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) providing information in the following order.
1. Name in Full
2. Place and Date of Birth
3. State of Origin
4. Permanent Address
5. Current Postal Address
6. Telephone Number(s) and E-mail Address(es)
8. Marital Status
9. Number and Ages of Children
10. Academic/Professional qualifications (including 0' Level certificate)
11. Statement of Experience including full details of former and present post
12. Names and Addresses of three (3) referees, NOT family members, who should be able to attest to the Candidate's standing and abilities, professionally, managerially, as well as morals, character and integrity.
SUBMISION OF APPLICATION
All applications are to be submitted under CONFIDENTIAL COVER, in an envelope marked "POST OF DIRECTOR, INTERNAL AUDIT, LASU" sealed and addressed to:
THE REGISTRAR AND SECRETARY, Lagos State University and submitted within two  weeks from the date of this publication to:
The Registrar and Secretary to Council, Registrar's Office,
Administrative Block II,
Lagos State University,
The University will be in correspondence with ONLY short-listed candidates.
L. O. ANIMASHAUN, ESQ.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about LASUSimilar Jobs
- Massive Academic Staff Recruitment at Wellspring University
- Jobs at the Islamic Leadership Academy
- Administrative Job Vacancy at The American University of Nigeria (AUN)
- Examiner Jobs at The British Council (8 states)
- Ongoing Recruitment At The Redeemer's University
- Executive Assistant Vacancy at Lagos Business School
- Massive Academic Staff Recruitment at Crown-Hill University (90 Positions)
- Massive Non-Academic Staff Recruitment at Crown-Hill University (30 Positions)