Editor-In-Chief at Anambra State's National Light Newspaper
Posted on: 15 April, 2014
Deadline: 29 April, 2014
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View Jobs posted same day
The Government of Anambra State is repositioning and modernizing the state owned NATIONAL LIGHT NEWSPAPER. In line with this, the state requires a competent and suitably qualified professional to fill the position of the MANAGING DIRECTOR/EDITOR-IN-CHIEF of the organization.
The successful candidate will provide leadership for the staff and work with other stakeholders who are committed to helping the institution achieve its goals and objectives.
The right candidate must possess the following:
- Excellent experience in modern newspaper publishing.
- Ability to mobilize the newsroom team to generate scoops and editorial matters that compel the readers' interest.
- Excellent communication skills to drive the editorial content of the paper.
- A good knowledge of advertisement marketing and ability to attract maximum advertisement quota to make the newspaper a viable venture.
- Ability to understand newspaper production and must be able to drastically improve the planning and aestheticallayout of National Light.
- A very good knowledge of newspaper circulation management and should be able to improve circulation to reflect the newspaper's name, "National Light".
- A good appreciation of online newspaper business in order to be able to relate with his/her online staff.
- Ability to turn around National Light into a competitive and viable newspaper.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Candidate should not be below 40 years of age
- Must have a good university degree or its equivalent in Mass Communication or any of the Social Sciences.
- Must have a minimum of 15 years cognate experience in the mass media and must have spent 8 years in a managerial position.
- Must be able to drive product development with aggressive marketing
- Membership of relevant professional bodies and possession of Masters Degree will be an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their resume (as an attachment) stating the following reference code (MDNLN01) as the subject of the email. Applications should be submitted not later than two weeks from this publication via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No other format of application will be accepted. All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Portuguese Translators & Interpreters at TDSP Translators
- Web Master at Nigerian Top Secret
- Graduate Social Media Intern at Iconway Media
- Writers at 24hours Reporter
- Sports Presenters at Winning Blue Communications
- Digital Technical Producer - Igbo at the BBC World Service
- Sales Manager, West Africa (Satellite & Broadcasting) at eRecruiter Nigeria
- Female Content Associate at Madivas Mag