Fresh Vacancies at Filmhouse Cinemas Limited
Posted on: 6 December, 2018
Deadline: 13 December, 2018
View Jobs in Hospitality
View All Jobs at Filmhouse Cinemas Limited
Filmhouse Cinemas Limited is a dynamic film exhibition company. Our expertise are in the areas of; Cinema operation: we Manage sites; Own sites, Consultancy for cinema development: Design; Fit-out; Cinema project management, Film Distribution: Rights Aquisition; Booking into cinemas; content development.
- Setting up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, pans and food scales
- Studying each recipe and gathering all necessary ingredients
- Cooking food in a timely manner
- We are looking for a Chef to join our team and prepare delicious meals for our customers.
- Chef responsibilities include studying recipes, setting up menus and preparing high-quality dishes.
- You should be able to delegate tasks to kitchen staff to ensure meals are prepared in a timely manner. Also, you should be familiar with sanitation regulations.
- If you have experience with advanced cooking techniques and non-traditional ingredients, we’d like to meet you.
- Ultimately, you’ll prepare and deliver a complete menu that delights our guests.
- Set up the kitchen with cooking utensils and equipment, like knives, pans and kitchen scales
- Study each recipe and gather all necessary ingredients
- Cook food in a timely manner
- Delegate tasks to kitchen staff
- Inform wait staff about daily specials
- Ensure appealing plate presentation
- Supervise Cooks and assist as needed
- Slightly modify recipes to meet customers’ needs and requests (e.g. reduce salt, remove dairy)
- Monitor food stock and place orders
- Check freshness of food and discard out-of-date items
- Experiment with recipes and suggest new ingredients
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety regulations within the kitchen area
- Proven work experience as a Chef or Cook
- Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment (e.g. grillers and pasta makers)
- Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking and pastry techniques
- Leadership skills
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks
- Excellent time management abilities
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes
- Familiarity with sanitation regulations
- Culinary School Diploma preferred
go to method of application »
- Cinema managers are in charge of all aspects of the day-to-day supervision of cinemas.
- They lead cinema operations to ensure and meet the customer needs and achieve revenue targets.
- They perform their duties utilizing efficient operations which are focused on fair people management systems and standard operating procedures.
- Cinema managers are responsible for performing the following duties: ensuring that the cinema comply with health and safety legislations; recruiting, training, managing and appraising staff; promoting and marketing films; keeping financial and statistical records; writing reports and financial forecasts; making sure that excellent customer service is provided; dealing with customer inquiries and complaints; maintaining cinema standards; maximizing productivity and meeting sales targets; working together with agencies to ensure that housekeeping and security standards are obeyed; motivating all staff to do their best in performing their duties; evaluating the performance of the cinema staff; and ensuring that operating and accounting procedures and standards are obeyed.
Education and Training Requirements
- Any Bachelor's degree is acceptable for a cinema manager position. However, we are looking for graduates who have experience or have received training in subjects such as management, business studies, travel, leisure or tourism studies.
- Although related experience is not usually required, a part-time or vacation cinema work experience can be useful.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Personal traits such as good problem solving, interpersonal and verbal communication, and organizational skills are generally accepted as being vital.
- All candidates must be self-confident, with commercial awareness and ability to establish and maintain good relationships with a wide variety of people.
- Excellent business and IT skills are also of utmost importance. They must also possess computer skills and an ability to endure a deadline driven setting.
- Working Conditions
- Working hours of a cinema manager normally begins around 9 am up until midnight or early hours in the morning. Work is mostly on a flexible shit basis within the cinema. They often work even during late evenings and weekends
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Filmhouse Cinemas LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Business Development Manager at Genesis
- Fresh Vacancies at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Latest Jobs at Residency Hotels Limited
- Jobs at The AHI Residence
- Fresh Vacancies at Nera Hotels
- Job Vacancies at Viva Cinemas
- Sales and Marketing Officers at MyJobMag Limited
- Jobs at Box Residence Ltd