Director of Finance and Administration at Development Alternatives, Inc (DAI)
Posted on: 6 December, 2018
Deadline: 14 December, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at DAI
Development Alternatives, Inc (DAI) is an international global consulting firm headquartered in the USA with offices in the UK and Nigeria. For more than 45 years, we have worked on the frontlines of international development, tackling fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability.
Locations: Northern and Southern Nigeria
- The Program will work in Northern and Southern States for a duration of five years on issues of effectiveness, accountability and transparency at the state and local governments levels.
- The Director of Finance and Administration is responsible for overseeing activity operations, including but not limited to: human resources, logistics, procurement, subcontracts, and accounting/finance.
- The Director also develops the financial capacities of all relevant staff and grantees under this program.
- This individual develops internal control measures, conducts internal audits, and coordinates external financial audits for program.
- The Director also prepares budgets for annual work plans and financial reports for submission to U SAID.
- A Master's degree in Business Administration, Finance or equivalent, and an ACA/ACCA/CPA, or other recognized professional accounting qualification.
- Ability to develop and manage large budgets, and in-depth knowledge of USG Cost Accounting Standards.
- Progressively responsible experience supervising project operations, from human resources to auditing and accounting/finance.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills in English4 proven supervisory skills; and ability to work well on a team.
- Experience in managing and administering grants under contract.
- Experience in building or enhancing civil society organization financial management capacity.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs, i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc., and the ability to use various commercially available accounting software programs.
- To be eligible for this program, candidates must have prior work experience on USAID or any donor-funded programs. Women who meet the qualifications above are encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV by e-mail to: NigeriaGovernance@dai.com
Note: DAI will only contact candidates that are successful at this pre-qualification stage.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about DAISimilar Jobs
- Field Manager at Save the Children
- Healthcare Financing & Advocacy Coordinator at Save the Children Nigeria
- Support Manager at the Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC)
- Jobs at DCSL Corporate Services Limited
- Talent Acquisition Officer at the International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Latest Jobs at Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO)
- Deputy Safety Advisor at The International NGO Safety Organisation
- National Immunization Consultant at the United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF)