Vacancies at The Deutsche Gesellschaft fur lnternationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
Posted on: 15 April, 2014
Deadline: 24 April, 2014
View Jobs in Government
View All Jobs at GIZ Nigeria
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Deutsche Gesellschaft fur lnternationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH (German Agency for International Cooperation) is one of the world's leading providers of international cooperation services for sustainable development. It is owned by the German Government.
In West Africa, GIZ's portfolio includes among others, a programme to support the Commission of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) in its regional integration goals. The programme aims to strengthen sector-specific capacities in the areas of Peace and Security, Customs and Trade as well as Strategic Management and Organizational Development in the ECOWAS Commission.
The GIZ Support Programme to the ECOWAS Commission is recruiting a Special Adviser to support the Commission in coordinating, monitoring, advisinq and providing periodic progress reports on the implementation of the following major outputs:
- A comprehensive analysis on the institutional reform and capacity building exercise with concrete recommendations:
- Operationaiization of the Economic and Social Council of ECOWAS (ECOSOC) as required by the Treaty;
- Support the launch of a survey on the Socio-Economic situation in West Africa as of 2014;
- Support in steering Committee on the development of the 5-year Community Strategic Action Programme covering the period 2016-2020 aimed at the realization of ECOWAS Vision 2020:
- The Special Adviser will simultaneously undertake any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Advanced degree in Social or Political Sciences or equivalent.
- PhD is an added advantage.
- Professional experience
- At least 15 years of professional experience with an appreciable knowledge of international
- cooperation, regional economic and political integration and knowledge management.
- Experience in advisory/consultancy services at a high political level.
- Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good working knowledge of ITC (related computer software, ernail, internet)
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of English and at least another ECOWAS Official Language
- Willingness to upskill and to adjust to the personalities of the counterparts, as required by the task to be performed
Method of Application
The assignment is for the period of June 2014 January 2016. We invite eligible applicants originating from the ECOWAS Region to submit their applications before April 24th, 2014. Send your CV and cover letter in English plus your scanned certificate to email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about GIZ NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at The Defence Space Administration (DSA)
- Consultant, Pubic Service Administration at the Government of Enugu State
- Graduate Trade Services Intern at the British High Commission (BHC)
- Electricians at the U.S. Embassy
- Director - General/Chief Executive Officer at the National Biotechnology Development Agency (NABDA)
- Ongoing Recruitment at The Lagos State Primary Health Care (PHC) Board
- Consultants at the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
- Executive Director at the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)