Careers at Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria
Posted on: 11 April, 2014
Deadline: 23 April, 2014
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Standard Chartered Bank
Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria - We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group's people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
We are recruiting to fill the following position:
Job ID: 426500
Job Function: General Management
Location: Nigeria - SCB
- To relieve the Head of Global Markets of the burden of day to day administrative activities so as to allow him focus on business strategy and implementation.
- To manage administrative processes to ensure smooth running of the business.
- Contributes to project implementation review aimed at ensuring that business goals and targets are met.
- To manage administration processes in the dealing room to ensure a smooth running of the business.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Handling all in and out correspondences for Global Markets.
- Follow up at action points agreed at meetings.
- Ensure all deadlines are met and escalate exceptions.
- Maintain service metric and performance in the division
- Maintain file movement register
- Collate and manage the leave plan and handover process
- Ensure job descriptions are completely filed
- Any other assignment assigned by the HOGM
- Collation of service breakdown/enhancements and customer complaints
- Collate business unit survey
- Drive full implementation of agreed training plans
- Undertake relevant project implementation review as indicated by the HOGM
- Global Sourcing Liaison Officer
- Establish and manage the department’s filing system
- Act as secretary for the division meetings
- Assist HOGM with administrative efficiency in the department
- Assist HOGM with personnel policy implementation.
- Collate competitive data analysis
- Responsible for service quality initiative in the department
- Maintain division’s correspondence file.
- Receive all mails, time stamp and distribute as appropriate.
- Arrange all internal and external meetings for the HOGM.
- Custodian of all HOGM files.
- Prepare claims for reimbursements of business expenses and check invoices from external suppliers in preparation for payment
- Remain alert to the risk of money laundering and assit in the bank's effort in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to: identifying your customer, knowing your customer, reporting suspicions, safeguarding and not disclosing sspicions to customers
Qualifications & Skills
- Minimum of a 2nd Class degree in a relevant course
- 3-5 years experience in a medium sized organisation
- General high level of computer literacy
- Excellent use of Microsoft Powerpoint and Excel tools
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to use own initiatives
- Attention to details
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Standard Chartered BankSimilar Jobs
- Division Manager at the African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Job Vacancies at Lafenwa Osiberu & Co (Chartered Accountants)
- Job Vacancies at a Finance Firm - Mario Consulting Limited
- Drivers at the World Bank
- Job Vacancies at a Micro-Finance Bank - Culminate Consulting
- Job Opportunities at ARM Life Plc
- Event Specialist at the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE)
- Unit Head - Listings Analyst at the Nigerian Stock Exchange