IITA is an international non-profit agricultural research- for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R40 approach is anchored on the development needs of tropical nations. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 Internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nafionally recruited staff based in variousslations across Africa. Please visit http://www.iita.org/ for more information on IITA
The Intemational Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian Nationals for the position below at the Institute's Headquarters, Ibadan.
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in scientific and technical backstopping for hardening and transplanting invitro plantiets to aeroponics system for seed/yam propagation of.
- Provide technical support to grantees for strict sanitation measures in orders to avoid fungal and bacterial contamination as well as pest and diseases for plantlets (set up standard operating, procedures)
- Support private seed producers with research activities to overcome limitations constraints for optimization of seed yam production in aeroponic system.
- Provide expertise in quality assurance (PH, Electro-conductivity etc.) of nutrient solution for yam propagation in aeroponics system
- Assist the aeroponics grantees (private and public) in planning, implementing and monitoring of contractural activities and timely reporting
- Ensure that planned activitiesl tasks are undertaken on schedule and assist assigned staff on site to accomplish their duties timely.
- Supervise technicians and other support staff including youth corper IT student etc.
- Assist In conducting training for seed yam production on eropomcs using pr-rooted and non-rooted vine cuttings.
- Perform any other related duties as may assigned
Educational, Experience and Other Requirements
- M.Sc in Tissue Culture, Plant Physiology or any related discipline.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant working experience on a similar role.
- Good skills in MS Office and general knowledge
- Be able to follow instructions and work independently where necessary,
- Be available to work outside office hours and for extended hours where necessary.
- Possess good organizational skills and demonstrate ability to work under pressure.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format to IITA website: http://www.iita.org/careers later than Two Weeks from the date of this publication.
The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant's current or previous organization or applicant's direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale