Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships - we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Maersk Line are looking to hire an engaged and conscientious Equipment Coordinator who will be responsible to ensure optimal equipment utilisation in line with empty flow plan to ensure we are providing the most reliable and efficient service to our customers at the lowest possible cost, covering the forecasted equipment needs. Implements the global equipment strategy. Develop and implement a strategy to create sustainable unit cost savings.
- Manage inland empty equipment positioning, using PLP input constraint management.
- Deliver stocks and inventory control at inland locations/ports that meet approved forecast export bookings.
- Daily stock monitoring per depot / port to ensure stock progression meets PLP suggestion and TSL.
- Ensure supply / evacuation planning to/from inland pools/ports correctly and timely.
- Establish most cost effective alternative flow planning in case of equipment shortages in line with PLP.
- Manage and develop relationships with relevant internal external stakeholders within geographical scope through the fostering of close interaction.
- Initiate and drive E2E equipment related cost saving initiatives, including but not limited to equipment storage, flow execution and EQU upgrades within area of responsibility.
- Increase the available global fleet, by reducing long standing and equipment dwell times.
- Own/Drive Reconciliation of stock levels between Depot (Actual) and RKEM/ROCK.
- Update and maintain systems relevant to position duties including, but not limited to, EDI links with depots. F1 error clearance.
- RKEMF1 EDI / TRACKING 1.GSC 2.LOC support
- Work with EMR to ensure damaged units are repaired and put back into fleet asap.
- Co-ordinate with Delivery/intermodal to ensure container movement orders are executed as per instruction.
- Performs other position related duties as specified by LOC management/Team Leaders.
- Promote triangulation where possible and cost effective. This should be a joint effort between procurement-delivery- equipment-product but the actual updates and equipment approval lies with equipment
- Drive improvement in Forecast accuracy with commercial and AA
- Maintain CODS for empty drop off and collection steering
- Damaged Container recovery/management
- Seals Management.
- PO management
- Touch point for Container Sales.
- Damaged Container recovery/management under equipment - physical retrieval of equipment
We are looking for:
- 3 years of in liner operations, capacity or yield management experience (Shipping industry).
- Understand the Operational business processes across the Cluster scope.
- At least basic knowledge of Operational concepts internally and externally.
- General understanding of Maersk global and local systems.
- Excellent numerical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong process oriented approach to work and excellent attention to detail.
- Resilient team player who is goal-orientated and demonstrates a high level of commitment with the ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Excellent Written and Verbal skills with people at all levels across the organisation in English.
We offer a position in a challenging and ever-changing environment in which you will sharpen your industry knowledge as well as your communication skills and techniques relevant to Operations.
go to method of application »
The CWA Area Collections team is looking for a passionate finance professional for the role of Collector. The Collector will be based in Kano and will work closely with our colleagues in GSC in line with the MLOS minimum standard meeting requirements - being on top of collection, manage the total outstanding, handle invoicing, statement queries and collection from the customers.
- Collector will ensure to follow up for all the payments to be applied on time and correctly.
- Follow to ensure Freight and detention tariff in AFLS/CXED are updated correctly and free time extensions are done timely.
- Make weekly reconciliation on the different accounts and the corresponding system balance and clearing aged outstanding items.
- Monitoring AFR task closure and bill relies for export shipments.
- Preparing reports for management on the overall image of the outstanding every week and handling any query.
- Dispatch reconciled statement together with the invoices to the customer
- Maintain communication with GSC collection team by sending queries and updates required on a weekly basis for the customers who have paid and when to expect payment as per the reconciled list from GSC collection team
- On time to time in coordination with GSC collection team send reconciled statement to customers upon request from customer or other stake holders
- Handle disputes from customers in coordination with all GSC team and ensure the issue is resolved.
- Attend the weekly Outstanding meeting to provide a detailed report for all overdue amounts above 30 days and the reason as to why they are still outstanding
- Follow up with payment application team to ensure all payments received from the customer are correctly and timely applied.
- In coordination with GSC OTC team to perform waiver and write off after getting proper approvals.
- Visit the customer premises and follow up for payment for the overdue invoices.
- Ensure all request for AFR tasks closure received from CS team are done timely.
- Ensure Credit Review process is executed as and when required as per global blue print and processes.
- Review Credit Renewal requests and ensure process is followed in line with global Act as the communication interface between FCRM and sales team and ensure that credit process/approvals is aligned with Global Authority Matrix.
- Monitor, and evaluate customer who exceed their credit terms in a timely manner and ensure appropriate follow up is taken by sales/collections teams.
- Monitor daily emails and ensure these are either responded to or forwarded to the correct department/escalation point in a timely and accurate manner.
- Monitor Credit Levels and support the FCRM with the management, reporting and review of credit levels for all customers and ensure compliance with credit terms and conditions.
We Are Looking For
- A financial educational background as degree in Finance, Accounting or a Chartered Accountant qualification.
- Prior proven experience (at least 3 years) in a similar function or in a consulting firm
- Hausa speaker,
- Can influence without authority
- Preferably experienced in working closely with offshore teams in service centres.
- Support the standardization of global collections process and ensure clear communication of relevant processes with cluster stakeholders.
- Engage, where necessary with clusters to deliver reports and decisions regarding credit review, credit evaluation and credit renewal processes.
- Be able to make sound decisions supported by facts and data available through banks, financial reports, and historical behaviours with the group and credit bureau information.
- An avenue for you to develop your Career in a diversified and challenging environment, working for the Leading Shipping Company and interacting with a wide range of multinational colleagues working to achieve one goal,
- Gaining insight into finance and accounting processes,
- Chance to learn different aspects within the cluster,
- Great opportunity to improve analytical, communication and customer management skills.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.