Latest Job at British American Tobacco
Posted on: 7 April, 2014
Deadline: 25 April, 2014
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at British American Tobacco
British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with the confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands. If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
Job number: 3826BR
Job title: Senior Security Supervisor
Appointment type: Permanent
Job purpose and key deliverables
To provide a world class professional security service aimed at creating a secure environment for the day to day business using all internal and external resources to maintain internal and external security controls of the highest quality
- Maintain an appropriate record of access control activities/resources and report in a proper format to the Security Manager.
- Coordinate activities to ensure that all security procedures for the protection of Company personnel/families/visitors and Company assets, information, property and business operations activities.
- Ensure that a daily report of Lagos office, in standard format, is submitted at every end of the shift to the Security Manager.
- Ensure compliance with company access control procedures
- Carry out all forms of periodic checks on all alarm systems and electronic equipment.
- Maintain and update records of all equipment.
- Maintain all records kept and advise the department on all issues of record management compliance.
- Monitor the flow of escort request and arrange for timely drop off and pick up in line with agreed escort timings.
- Maintain and update all airport protocol activities
- Provide security support for marketing events
- Supervise the flow of information on radio and telephone network and implement appropriate action.
- Manage all emergency responses.
- Ensure an accurate database of all contractors working with the company in Lagos is kept.
- Coordinate all subordinates to ensure that all company assets and equipments issued out for use are carefully handled and recommend for repairs and or replacement as soon as they occur.
- Drive clear adherance and understanding of BAT policies by all personnel engagements as when needed.
- Appreciable first degree in security or intelligence ralated field
- 3 - 6 years broad experience in security operations.
- Possess good communication skills in English
- Ability to gather information from internal and external sources.
- Good knowledge of coordinating activities of contracted guard force with a clear understanding of their hierarchy and operations.
- Basic knowledge of the use of the computer in information storage and transfer.
- Working knowledge of Access control system and operations
- Knowledge of writing security reports in respect of events or incidents.
- Available to work on a 12hours shift pattern.
- Ability to coordinate the activities of escort teams to achieve an efficient service delivery in line with all escort guidelines.
- Ability to lead a team of supervisors and other security officers in the successful enforcement and protection of all company interest within an assigned shift.
- Ability to understand threats or potential threats to Company personnel and assets and possible checks to mitigate those threats.
- Capacity to issue clear written and verbal orders.
Method of Application
Employing company: British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN)
Removal Date: 25-Apr-2014
Interested applicants should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about British American TobaccoSimilar Jobs
- Jobs at Adexen Recruitment Agency
- SABmiller Plc Latest Recruitment
- Graphic Design and Social Media Intern at British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN)
- Facilities Officer at May & Baker Nigeria Plc
- Personal Assistant at JMG Limited
- Finance and Accounting Intern Recruitment at Procter & Gamble
- Latest Recruitment at SABMiller
- Furniture Sales Manager at WowJobs