Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for an experienced to join our dedicated team at our Nigerian offices.
Job ID: 12595
- To provide an operational Regional IT Support structure to ensure that general IT problems in the bank and particularly the assigned region are resolved promptly and efficiently. The operation support includes first level support on users’ workstations, file/print servers, IT peripherals, LANs and communication equipment.
- Ensuring that all incidents are responded to, actioned and resolved within the required MTTR in the SLAs. Also ensure that calls and problems are escalated and communicated to the required support area and user for prompt attention.
- Provide high level competency with regard to ensuring that users are optimally satisfied with the use and access of the bank’s IT infrastructure in the daily discharge of their responsibilities.
- Provide first level support on IT related issues in all the branches within the region
- Repair/re-install and configure Microsoft Windows Operating Systems on desktops and notebook PCs.
- Upgrade/Downgrade and Configure Internet Explorer 7 for Finacle on users systems.
- Repair/re--install and configure Finacle client applications on desktops and notebook PCs.
- Carry out first level support on hardware (workstations, scanners, printers, and other peripherals).
- Carry out first level support on applications (Ms Operating system, MS Office suite, Finacle and Intranet applications) and ensuring online service availability during operational hours.
- Carry out first level support on LANs
- Carry out first level support on ATMs
- Support Trader and Mobile Payment solutions
- Ensure that all users’ incidents/requests are logged in Remedy Application and responded to promptly
- Keep and maintain log of activities in branches.
- Document solutions proffered on incidents and send same to Remedy Administration for the creation of database for future reference.
- Maintain daily, weekly and monthly reports of all incidents/Problems attended to.
- Monitor and record performance of the Branch IT infrastructure in terms of QoS, systems response time, etc. Weekly and monthly consolidated reports on these for all branches within the Region must be provided.
- Maintain clear and constant communication with the head, Regional IT Support regarding all critical IT incidents/problems and change control issues.
- Support new project deployment such as upgrade of Operating Systems and other applications, patch deployment, Inverter, etc.
- Support new project deployment such as upgrade of equinox and other applications, patch deployment, Inverter, etc.
- Supervise Contractors/Service providers when carrying out installation or maintenance on links, UPS, inverters, servers/workstations and when executing or implementing IT projects in the branches within the Region
- Branch Rollout – Deployment of IT infrastructure (Link, LAN, Systems, Inverter/UPS power & Peripherals) for new branches
- Deployment of IT infrastructure (Link, LAN, Systems, Inverter/UPS power & Peripherals) to branches when BUs relocate
- Support new project deployment such as upgrade of Operating Systems and other applications, Antivirus & Patch deployment, Inverter, UPS, etc.
- Carry out other functions in the department that may be assigned.
Key Performance Measures
- Number of instances of non-compliance to policy and procedure
- Number of incidents resolved within the region and on Remedy Helpdesk
- Number of awareness sessions held for users across the region.
- IT Audit rating by Internal Audit, Routine Control, and external audit
- No service impact
- Reduced number of incidents
- Successful implementations of projects supervised
- Meet deadlines
- Meet SLA targets
- Ensure that there are no service disruptions due to avoidable or resolvable issues.
- Ensure that there are no service disruptions during branch revamp
- Maintain a clean Communication/Server room in every branch devoid of loose cables and other unwanted items (cartons, pilled cables, etc)
- Adequate knowledge of general IT principles and procedures.
- End users
- Remedy Helpdesk Administrators
- MS Exchange team
- IT team – Nigeria.
- Hardware vendors
- IT Special Projects (Project 100) - Contractors
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong customer focus and ability to manage client expectations
- Proven ability to work under stress in emergencies; flexibility to handle pressure coming from all directions simultaneously
- Strong team-orientated interpersonal skills; ability to effectively interface with a wide variety of people at all levels
- Self-motivated and able to work under little supervision.
- Logic and problem solving skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to interact with users at all levels.
- Must be service orientated
- Minimum of first degree or its equivalent in numerate or semi-numerate disciplines such as engineering, computer sciences, statistics, mathematics,
- At least 3 years experience in IT.
The bank is also committed to providing excellent service and employees are required to align their behavior to the following customer commitment drivers:
- Banking that is simple to use and simple to understand, or a simple account for all my needs
- Competent and reliable staff that is honest and trustworthy.
High customer regard
Unconditional positive regard for customers – a sincere appreciation and recognition of who a customer already is and the life he/she chooses to live. It gives the customer a sense of pride, worthiness and dignity. “Make me feel proud of who I am and how I choose to do things”.
- Prompt service performed right the first time and prompt query/complaint resolution.
- Banking that is technologically advanced, innovative in introducing new ideas, and is modern and progressive.
- Follow procedures with regards to online processes
- Resolve problems related to access of resources.
- Resolve User issues logged on Remedy Helpdesk.
- Ensure the correct planning and change approvals are obtained before changes are implemented at branches within the assigned regions.
- Ensure the correct change procedures are followed
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online.