If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Pact Nigeria - Located in Abuja, is the Nigerian Country office of Pact, which is an independent International non-profit Organization headquartered in Washington, DC, USA. Pact's vision is a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership over their future. Its mission is to enable systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development."
Pact Nigeria seeks for highly experienced and qualified candidates to fill position of:
Job Requisition Number: 14-0061
Description of Job:
The Grants and Contracts Officer provides high-level grants and contracts management and administration to achieve project goals, including through partner organizations of all levels. S/he provides overall leadership and oversight for all aspects related to management of both prime awards (projects) and subawards, subcontracts and procurements. This requires close collaboration with Pact HQ to ensure application of Pact regulations and policies as well as periodic review of such policies and regulations to ensure that they continue to reflect the current donor environment, regulations and practices. The G&C Officer is a member of the Senior Management Team and may be tasked with advising on overall management issues or leading special projects related to country office management.
The Grants and Contracts Officer supervises all staff with grants and procurement functions. S/he reports to the Country Director.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prime Award Administration
- Monitor compliance with prime award rules and regulations, deliverables and reporting. Provide training and support to program staff in these areas.
- Support project managers to achieve Pact Project Management Standards, as they relate to implementation of activities through partners. Provide training and support to program staff in these areas.
- Award and administer sub-contract(s) and consultant agreements necessary to support local programs and projects
- Respond to issues that arise during grant, subgrant, and contract program implementation including modifications, oversight of compliance with terms and conditions and resolution of disputes, and resolving audit findings.
- Provide policy guidance and interpretation for program staff as well as sub-grantees.
- Respond to inquiries regarding compliance with terms and conditions under awards from a variety of donors. When required, prepare requests for and obtain clearances / approvals / deviations from donors.
- Ensure that all required documentation is available and stored as per Pact regulations.
- Assist with reviewing budget estimates for allowability, reasonableness and consistency.
- Oversee closeout of awards, and provide oversight to staff for closeout of awards including preparation of final inventories, property disposition under contracts and grants received by Pact.
- Administer the full cycle of subaward management activities beginning from RFAs, selection processes, pre-award assessments, subaward negotiation, monitoring/compliance visits and close-out procedures.
- Oversee budget management of projects’ subaward pools working with the Director of Finance and Grants.
- Ensure proper negotiation of the terms and conditions and their documentation for sub-grants and contracts, including for grants to government bodies.
- Develop subcontract and subgrant award documents compliant with donor requirements and Pact standard templates and work closely with Pact HQ Agreement Management team to finalize quality documents for signature.
- Ensure timely training of grantees and Pact staff to understand and comply fully with donor standards. Carry out regular trainings as needs arise from grantees. Develop training materials and carry-out regular trainings with grantee partners.
- Develop and or review a local subcontracts and subgrants management manual that that is updated and accurately represents the procedures carried out by Pact
- Ensure that office systems for grants and contracts administration are fully up to date and maintained and that regular reports are provided to Pact’s headquarters office.
- Work closely with the Director of Finance to ensure accurate and timely disbursement of subaward funds and reporting of subaward expenses.
Overall Country Office Management and Support
- Provides relevant support to proposal development, including budget development, for new opportunities.
- Provide effective performance management, mentoring and coaching for staff under his/her direct supervision.
- Provide training, as required, related to areas of his/her expertise and of country office needs.
- Actively participate in the Senior Management Team of the country office, and support improvements in country office policies, procedures, organization and systems in collaboration with colleagues and the Country Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Country Director.
- BA and at least 6 years of relevant experience (or equivalent) Preference for:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Experience in international development project management and donor funds administration.
- Experience in a similar role managing grants design and administration and managing and overseeing distribution of grants and contracts.
- Knowledge of USAID and other international donor rules and regulations as related to contracts and cooperative agreements; working knowledge of OMB Circulars
- Experience assessing the responsibility and grant-worthiness of organizations through financial statements, audits, and other documentation presented in a proposal or in support of an award.
- Proven capacity to design and deliver a range of training and technical assistance programs to build full range of capacities for grant management.
- Fluency in English and proficiency in at least one other language
Skills and Abilities:
- Behavioral Competencies
- Strong in all areas
- Ability to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleagues and contacts in donor and peer organizations
- Strong understanding of Pact’s strategy and how tasks contribute to the greater good
- Consistently works within internal process and procedures
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Engagement in corporate initiatives
- Strong planning and time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to make a presentation
- Ability to problem-solve difficult issues
- Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities
- Good negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- Strong understanding of budgets
- Good experience in one of Pact’s technical areas or a support function
- Working knowledge and understanding of donor policies and regulations
- Competence using common desktop applications and internal systems
Method of Application
Interested applicants shoul Click Here To Apply Online.