The USAID supported Malaria Action Program for States (MAPS), is a 5 year project which is expected to take on the USAID mandate of improving malaria control at scale in nine (9) states namely; Akwa Ibom, Benue, Cross River, Ebonyi, Kebbi, Kogi, Nasarawa, Oyo and Zamfara. Health Partners International (HPI), one of the implementing partners of the MAPS project, now seeks to employ a professional with expertise in Capacity Building to coordinate all related outputs and activities in its Oyo State field office.
- This Office holder will be based in the Oyo office of the MAPS Project.
- The Capacity Building Officer will be responsible for working with stakeholders at the State and LGA levels to strengthen capacity in Malaria program management for effectively addressing malaria prevention and control in Nigeria.
- S/he will work with the state level MAPS team and the federal level capacity building MAPS team to ensure the achievement of key program outputs.
Additional key responsibilities will include;
- Oversee all malaria program management capacity building activities carried out in each state related to malaria prevention and control;
- Assist the states to undertake an assessment of gaps in the management systems with regards to malaria control at State and LGAlevel;
- Support the State and LGAs to play leading roles in planning, conducting and supervising malaria prevention and control activities;
- Provide technical expertise at the State level to the malaria program on issues relating to of capacity building for the management of malaria control
- Provide strategic leadership at State level to Program as it regards all issues relating to capacity building of Management for malaria prevention and control;
- Assist the State Malaria Control program to effectively harmonize all malaria control activities at State and LGA levels;
- A post-graduate qualification in Public Health or other related disciplines in health and medical sciences.
- An extensive knowledge of management in Public health, policy development and health systems reforms in Nigeria.
- A good hands-on knowledge of capacity building tools is required for this position.
- A significant track record in program and people management at state level is essential.
- S/he must have a minimum of 4-years' experience in Capacity Building functions or a similar role. Previous experience in the management of Health service delivery and Primary Health care in Nigeria is essential.
- Excellent knowledge and use of Microsoft office tools as well as report writing skills is essential.
Terms and Conditions of Employment:
- The appointment term will be a period of 18 months, with an initial 6 months probationary period.
- The programme offers very competitive salary packages.
- Local terms and conditions will apply.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter and a copy of their recent CV through the appropriate link at www.gridconsulting.net. All applications must be submitted latest Thursday, 10th April, 2014. Please note, that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale