Human Resources Manager at Spiropoulos,Adiele, Okpara & Co
Posted on: 5 July, 2011
Deadline: 13 July, 2011
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View Jobs posted same day
Spiropoulos, Adiele, Okpara & Co (Chartered Accountants), the Nigerian Affiliate Firm of Grant Thornton International (GTl) is a Professional Services Firm in the areas of Assurance, Tax and Business Advisory Services. We are presently undergoing a restructuring process which has thrown up the following vacant position in the Firm.
Human Resources Manager will be a senior generalist with the ability to assume responsibility for a variety of human resources functions. Reporting to the Staff Partner, the HR Manager is a key member of the management team responsible for contributing to the success of the Firm. He or she will be a resource to Firm leadership. providing advice and counsel regarding business and employee issues. This executive will bring strong leadership and management capabilities coupled with a strong depth and breadth of business and human resources knowledge.
• Responsible for leading all human resource-related activities for the Firm. This includes recruitment, compensation and benefits, employee relations, issue resolution, training and professional development.
• Change agent for the Firm's efforts in progressive human resource programs targeted toward enhancing diversity and flexible work arrangements.
• Change agent for the Firm-wide cultural clarification initiative.
• On an ongoing basis, review and modify existing programs and policies to ensure alignment with the Firm's culture and direction.
• Act as an advisor to Firm management regarding the level and type of compensation, benefits, and people development programs required to attract, retain, motivate and reward a highly qualified work force.
• Manage the Performance Management process for all staff including annual evaluations, salary administration. promotions and annual review discussions. Particular emphasis should be placed on continuing to improve and enhance related systems, practices and processes.
In coordination with the Staff Partner, drive the entire benefits program including negotiating the annual renewal, introducing new programs. ensuring cost effective programs, creating and managing the benefit budget and facilitating the implementation of new programs.
• Manage the staff recruiting process from needs identification through on-boarding. and orientation of new hires.
• Work closely with the Firm's Recruiting Committee and take an active role in lateral Associate and Partner recruiting efforts.
• Provide leadership for the managers and supervisors of a variety of critical Firm support functions including Secretaries, Reception & Hospitality
• Take an active role in external professional organizations to identify best practices, vendors and other strategic relationships to bring to the Firm.
Manage the orientation and transition process for all personnel.
The successful candidate will be a highly experienced professional in all aspects of human resource management who can effectively build and lead a proactive, well respected function that has positive impact on the firm. The candidate will be a strategic thinker with the ability to develop a clear vision and plan, but also be willing to work in a hands-on manner which will be necessary to build credibility and knowledge within the firm. Finally, the candidate will have a
demonstrated track record of process improvement and possess excellent interpersonal, communication and operational skills.
• A minimum of 5 years human resources management experience in successively progressive positions
• Leadership experience in mid-size to large professional services firm is preferred.
• Depth in most functional areas of Human Resources, including but not limited to, recruiting and selection, training and organizational development, compensation and benefits, employee relations, professional development and diversity.
• Successful history of leading the development and implementation of creative employee relations programs which resulted in lower turnover rates, increased productivity and positive morale.
• Proactive style, sense of urgency and ability to take initiative without a lot of direction.
• An ability to inspire confidence and build trusted relationships with people throughout the Firm.
• An engaging, open, authentic personality that naturally encourages interaction with individuals at all levels.
• A proven leader, with excellent persuasion and negotiation skills who has the ability to coach others and genuinely cares for people; an employee advocate. but not to the detriment of the business; able to convey tough business decisions to employees in an empathetic and respectful manner.
• Experience in dealing with, and presenting to, top management as part of the business team.
• Experience in Human Resources as a business partner involved in strategic decisions as well as the management
of the operation.
• Strong academic credentials are a requirement. An undergraduate degree is required; an MBA would be a plus.
Remuneration which is very attractive will be in line with industry standards.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants should send their applications. addressed to the Staff Partner, bye-mail on or before 13th July 2011 to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Any application not submitted as aforesaid will not be considered.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at a Fast Growing Microfinance Bank
- Job Vacancies at Recruut
- Jobs at Credit Business Services Global Limited (CBS Credit)
- Job Opportunity at Regent Microfinance Bank Limited
- Legal Vacancy at Abbey Mortgage Bank
- Finance Vacancy at Personal Trust Microfinance Bank
- Marketing Executives at Verite Microfinance Bank Ltd
- Sales & Marketing Executive at a Financial Technology Company - eRecruiter Nigeria