Emerson is a diversified global manufacturing and technology company that offer a wide range of products and services in the industrial, commercial and consumer markets through our Process Management, Industrial Automation, Network Power, Climate Technologies, and Commercial & Residential Solutions businesses. Recognized widely for our engineering capabilities and management excellence, Emerson has approximately 133,000 employees and 235 manufacturing locations worldwide.
We are currently recruiting for the position of:
Job ID: EPM-00007199
Location: Lagos State
Job Level: Supervisor/Manager
Overall Purpose of the Role
The ICSS Delta V Leader works on a rotational basis (4*4) on AKPO FPSO in Nigeria to ensure technical assistance, after-sales support, diagnostic, and investigation in relation with customers. He ensures maintenance operations under his responsibility are carried out in strict accordance with TUPNI current safety rules and operating procedures. He guarantees an excellent level of availability of the system. He plays a predominant role in the skills transfer to personnel undergoing training and development by mentoring on site.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The ICSS Leader is the main technical customer contact. He also manages the relationship between TUPNI and Triconex Leader.
- He’s in charge of various tasks:
- Technical assistance
- Expertise, diagnostic and repair
- Hotline assistance through Helpdesk
- Be able to understand customer process
- Participate to the safety customer meeting and follow all the site safety rules
- He is a self governing person with ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Prepares with TUPNI Process Engineer, ICSS Specialist Engineer and Vendors, corrective actions and modifications of the ICSS system.
- Assists the Planning Engineer and Maintenance Representative in a good quality preparation and execution of all ICSS and System works.
- Assists specialists working under Main Maintenance Contracts (MMC).
- Ensures that TUPNI HSE regulations are respected (especially procedures related to Work Permits), as well as approved operating procedures and standard industry practice during preparation and performance of maintenance operations placed under his responsibility.
- Manages interventions using work packs provided by the planning team.
- Reviews all intervention reports in the UNISUP (including those concerning MMC) and writes the detailed technical reports related to his field of competencies.
- Monitors the functioning of all equipment placed under his responsibility.
- Troubleshoots equipment placed under his responsibility.
- Follows up the Parameter values and alarms in the concerned systems for condition monitoring purposes, according to operation's directives
- Maintains an accurate and auditable log of all system faults.
- Takes part in daily, weekly and coordination meetings on site.
- Ensures that the transfer of knowledge by mentoring occurs properly to customer.
- Manages and Coaches/Mentors the ICSS Engineers directly under his responsibility.
- Carries out, at TUPNI request, any intervention within his field of competence.
- Takeover the systems under his responsibility in case of breakdown until resolution.
- Maintains and troubleshoot all ICSS communication networks for DeltaV Equipment and also for all OPC communications with packages, he is ICSS Network Administrator.
- Identifies any delicate ICSS operations and ensures that proper studies of the risks involved are carried out beforehand.
- Identifies recurrent corrective maintenance interventions, analyses them and suggests improvements.
- Keeps a critical eye on current preventive maintenance programs
- Warns support and planning teams of any recurring problems related to the availability or quality of spare parts.
- Keeps track of any work backlog in his area of responsibility and suggests corrective measures to TUPNI if this backlog threatens to become unmanageable.
- Participate to the functional analysis to any software modifications in the ICSS under the direction and Control of TUPNI specialist Engineer.
- Reviews and ensures that all Software modifications and corrective actions are validated by TUPNI after maintenance levels 4 & 5 and conform to the functional analysis provided by TUPNI.
- Ensures that all Control systems documentation is up to date and available on the site.
- Suggests improvements and requests modifications to TUPNI
- Prepare and update all necessary procedures for usual activities.
- Verifies quality of all ICSS interventions by frequent on-site checks and final checks prior to hand-back of critical or high integrity equipment to production after maintenance activity
- Ensures that members of his teams have the correct qualifications, skills and Competence required for the tasks entrusted to them and, if need be, suggests corrective measures or training to TUPNI.
Context & Environment
- Rotation Status
- Position on-site
Education and Qualifications
- School Education (up to 12 Grade), University/College/Bachelors, Diploma - Engineering/Technical/Business, Post Graduate/Masters
- Approachability, Technical Learning, Perseverance, Action-Oriented, Learning on the Fly
Method of Application
Qualified and Interested Candidates should Click here to apply online. Note: When the Page Opens, Click Search Now then Select Nigeria from the Country drop-down menu, and Click Search
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.