Information Technology Manager at Spiropoulos,Adiele,Okpara
Posted on: 5 July, 2011
Deadline: 13 July, 2011
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View Jobs posted same day
Spiropoulos, Adiele, Okpara & Co (Chartered Accountants), the Nigerian Affiliate Firm of Grant Thornton International (GTl) is a Professional Services Firm in the areas of Assurance, Tax and Business Advisory Services. We are presently undergoing a restructuring process which has thrown up the following vacant position in the Firm.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY MANAGER
The Human Resources Manager will be a senior generalist with the ability to assume responsibility for a variety of human resources functions. Reporting to the Staff Partner, the HR Manager is a key member of the management team responsible for contributing to the success of the Firm. He or she will be a resource to Firm leadership, providing advice and counsel regarding business and employee issues. This executive will bring strong leadership and management capabilities coupled with a strong depth and breadth of business and human resources knowledge.
The Information Technology Manager (lTM) of a Grant Thornton affiliate or member firm provides vision and leadership by
• developing and implementing an information technology strategy aligned with the affiliate firm's business strategy and initiatives as well as the information technology strategy and initiatives of Grant Thornton International;
• partnering with client and internal service line leaders to assist them with their business systems initiatives and alignment;
• facilitating systems governance activities between client and internal service line groups and their systems;
• recommending and managing annual information technology and business systems investments and expenses;
• implementing and supporting core information technology (i.e. hardware. software and services), core
collaboration systems (e.g, Central, VOIP. email, instant messaging, online meetings and collaboration work spaces), and core information technology policies, guidelines and processes;
• implementing, supporting and promoting Knowledge Management principles in collaboration and practice management systems;
• measuring, improving and promoting the operational efficiency, effectiveness and value of information
technology, business systems and users;
• aligning and evolving the technology team's structure and talent;
• securing data and technology assets to ensure regulatory compliance, adherence to GTI security guidelines, protection of IT investment and safeguarding the good reputation of the GTI and the affiliate firm's network;
• Position the firm's IT strategy for transition to XBRL.
In this role, the ITM directs the planning and implementation of enterprise IT and business systems in support of the firm's operations in order to improve efficiency, improve effectiveness, consistently deliver seamless service, and enable competitive advantage. The ITM is responsible for all aspects of the information technology platform, business systems, and technology personnel of the firm.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS:
• Leadership of the IT function to achieve business goals;
• Plan, control, and direct national (and office) IT operations;
• Management of current and planning for future infrastructure across the firm;
• Oversee strategic relationships between internal IT resources and external entities, including vendors. GTI,
and other partner organizations.
• Bachelor's degree or higher qualification in Information Systems or a related discipline.
• 10 or more years overall experience in IT with evidence of increasing levels of responsibility and accountability.
• 5 or more years experience in IT executive and strategic roles.
• Demonstrated experience and success in national IT leadership/management.
• Experience in a National Professional services environment.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence key stakeholders.
• Ability to deliver innovative IT solutions effectively
• Proven experience in IT planning. organization, and development.
• Demonstrated responsibility in key business decisions and processes.
• Demonstrated excellence in project and service delivery, whilst running projects concurrently.
• Background or familiarity with Industry Best Practices (ITIL, MSF/MOF, PMI/ Prince2).
• Substantial exposure to data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications and outsourced system solutions.
• Good understanding of computer systems characteristics, features. and integration capabilities.
• Experience in infrastructure design and re-engineering.
• Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
• Exceptional service orientation.
Remuneration which is very attractive will be in line with industry standards.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants should send their applications. addressed to the Staff Partner, bye-mail on or before 13th July 2011 to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Any application not submitted as aforesaid will not be considered.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Risk Analyst at Citi Bank
- Latest Job Opportunity at The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re)
- Career Opportunities at ARM
- Managing Director At A Leading Microfinance Bank - TheJobMag Limited
- Finance and Admin Manager at PML Advisory Limited
- Job Openings at a Microfinance Bank - Staffline Consulting Limited
- Human Resource Manager at Credit Business Services Global Limited (CBS Credit)
- Job Vacancies at Eagle International Resource