The Coca-Cola Company is an American multinational beverage corporation and manufacturer, retailer and marketer of nonalcoholic beverage concentrates and syrups, which is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.
Coca-Cola Nigeria is recruiting to fill the below job position:
Job ID: 28209
- Play a key role in the development and implementation of effective communication and stakeholder engagement strategies to grow the reputation of our Company and Brands and support the business goals in Nigeria.
- Boost the Company’s communications impact across the media spectrum (print, broadcast and social) to increase awareness and recognition of the economic and social impact of the Coca-Cola business and engage our various audiences.
- Champion Ambassadorship through leveraging internal communication (including Coca-Cola Journey) and volunteering opportunities to inform, engage and inspire our system associates.
- Engage and collaborate with the bottling partner as appropriate on system and external communication initiatives.
- Monitor and evaluate the impact of our communication on the company’s reputation
- Support Sustainability communications work for our key initiatives, including 5by20, RAIN, PET Recycling
- Manage corporate communications, including developing publication, video and advertising materials as well as employee communication and engagement.
- Manage media relations, including leveraging traditional and social media to optimize the Company’s communications reach and impact.
- Support the Consumer Marketing function with effective Brand PR planning and execution.
- Identify review and recommend strategic sponsorship and partnership opportunities to support the Company’s sustainability commitments and drive corporate visibility and reputation.
- Plan and manage internal and external company events, including post event evaluation and reporting.
- Develop, nurture and leverage strategic relationships with key stakeholder groups and relevant individual influencers and decision-makers.
- Manage the PAC Function budget, ensuring value optimization and compliance with the Company’s policies and processes. 5%
Extensive High Level Strategic/Operational Interaction with: Traditional and social news media, Agencies/ Suppliers. The role will be responsible for monitoring and reporting on our social media mentions and ensuring appropriate response to issues in line with company policy; as well as managing relationships suppliers, including PR and Creative agencies, ensuring compliance with the company’s Supplier Guiding Principles and Procurement and Payment Policies
Nature and Purpose of the Interaction: To support the Public Affairs and Communications Manager in developing, implementing and measuring initiatives which enhance and protect the Company’s image and reputation.
Issues management in Media, Government and Community relations – should possess the requisite personal and professional skills and be able to level Company resources to effectively manage issues. The incumbent will support the IMCR process through developing and managing crisis communications, including media messaging and engagement.
Judgment and Decision Making:
Required to advise the PAC Manager and Company management on strategic communication which impact the Company’s image and reputation and the effective management of high profile, risk situations.
This role will have responsibility for developing and adapting new media properties and tools to substantially shift our internal and external communications engagements from traditional to evolving digital/social platforms, including launching and effectively maintaining the Coca-Cola Journey magazine for Nigeria.
Related Experience Requirements/Qualifications:
- Creative writing
- Multimedia design tools
- Social media usage & blogging
- Media Relations
- Issues & crisis management
- Project management
- Budget management
- Generic Competencies: Refer to Competency Directory and Provide between 3 – 7 of the highest priority competencies
- Drives Innovative Business Improvements: Develops new insights into solutions that result in organizational improvements; promotes a work environment that fosters creative thinking, innovation and rational risk-taking.
- Balances Immediate and Long-Term Priorities: Seeks to meet critical objectives while considering the impact of those decisions and activities on the abity to achieve long-term goals.
- Delivers Results: Focuses on the critical few objectives that add the most value and channels own and others' energy to consistently deliver results that meet or exceed expectations.
- Imports and Exports Good Ideas: Relentlessly seeks, shares and adopts ideas and best practices in and outside the Company and embraces change introduced by others.
- Develops and Inspires Others: Builds and maintains relationships that motivate, guide, and/or reinforce the performance of others toward goal accomplishments. Develops self and others to improve performance in current role and to prepare for future roles; seeks and provides feedback and coaching to enhance performance.
- Lives the Values: Demonstrates the values of The Coca-Cola Company through words, actions, and by example; fosters an environment that reflects the values of the company.
- More than 7 years’ experience in Communications or Public Relations functions.
- University Degree preferably in Communication, Journalism or English Language and related fields
- Alignment and engagement with diverse business cultures
- Ability to appreciate and engage with a diverse community of media with different objectives and views
- Ability to install trust across cultural diverse group of media
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.