Nigerian Bottling Company Limited is one of the biggest Companies in the non-alcoholic beverage industry in the country and is the sole franchise bottler of The Coca-Cola Company in Nigeria.
Our Company NBC Ltd started operations in Nigeria in 1951. Based in the city of Lagos, we operate 13 bottling plants across the country. In addition, we channel products through 59 warehouses and distribution centers.
Nigerian Bottling Company Limited currently has the below job vacancies;
Job Reference: WAM/03/2014
Department: Quality & Sustainability
Job location: Head Office
The job holder’s major responsibilities include;
- The job holder monitors plants’ environmental activities through the analysis of the various environmental parameters – water, energy, solid waste.
- This analysis presents a clear picture of the plants’ status, based on which strategic environmental planning which culminates in improved environmental standing of the company is achieved, is initiated by the job holder.
- Ensures adherence to Food and Beverage Legislation, TCCC Standards, ISO certification, Good Manufacturing Practices and to other internal and external quality, safety and environmental regulatory requirements, All QA, H&S and environmental audits are pass.
- Ensures that NBC meets her Environmental performance metrics. Implement SVA/SWPP
- Prepares, presents and interprets Water Minimization Plant performance reports and assists in the development and reviews corrective action plans
- The job holder uses the reports as a tracking tool, ensuring that environmental issues brought out by the reports are promptly addressed to forestall any negative publication that might arise from such issues when enlarged, due to lack of adequate top management attention. By doing this, high corporate social responsibility is maintained by the company.
- Ensure implementation of assigned plant environmental projects on water minimization. Create new ideas that will improve and promote good environmental practices in plant.
The job holder liaises with environmental regulatory bodies to ensure good relationship. In doing this, full compliance with environmental regulatory statutes and laws is ensured. He/she communicates to the bodies, environmental progress reports of the company, with the aim of scoring some very good environmental points in the books of the regulatory bodies.
He/she plays a leadership role in the actualization of the environmental targets. The job holder identifies existing gaps in the achievement of the plants company’s set target and ensures that these gaps are closed, by organizing relevant trainings and rendering interventions where necessary. He/she develops environmental tools for use to achieve good environmental practices.
He/she works directly with Plants Environmental Coordinator, Plant Utility Manager, Plant Engineers, Environmental Regulatory Bodies and our approved Consultants.
- Ensure plants progressively operate with Water minimization consciousness
- Ensure cordial relationship exists between the company and State /Federal Environmental Regulatory Bodies
- Achieve environmental goals at the end of the year
- Ensure plant personnel are well aware of the Water Minimization Programmes.
- Manage and coach Plant Environmental Coordinators in order to increase their capability and efficiency in carrying out their duties
Desired candidate profile
- The minimum Qualification of the jobholder is B.Sc. or HND in Microbiology, Environmental Management or any science based discipline with at least 5 years cognizance experience in any related food industry.
- The jobholder must have people management skills and must be analytical to enable him or her to trouble shoot, analyze and execute his or her functions.
- He or she must have ability to create alliance by working effectively with other team members, maintain constructive alliances and manage risks intelligently and take responsibility for making well analyzed business decisions (thinking, ‘as an owner of the business) in order to achieve organization goals.
- The job entails that the job holder should be ready to work for long hours as well as accommodate strange and sometimes unreasonable view without getting annoyed.
- He/she should also be ready to travel at any time.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale