Senior Audit Manager at Spiropoulos, Adiele, Okpara & Co
Posted on: 5 July, 2011
Deadline: 13 July, 2011
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View Jobs posted same day
Spiropoulos, Adiele, Okpara & Co (Chartered Accountants), the Nigerian Affiliate Firm of Grant Thornton International (GTl) is a Professional Services Firm in the areas of Assurance, Tax and Business Advisory Services. We are presently undergoing a restructuring process which has thrown up the following vacant position in the Firm.
SENIOR AUDIT MANAGER
The Senior Audit Manager is to assist the firm to review its current policies and procedures, audit methodology and audit working paper documentation, and implement the necessary changes to ensure compliance with ISQCI and GTl's policies, procedures and methodology.
• Review firm's existing policies and procedures
• Document policies and procedures, consistent with ISaCl, in a firm policies and procedures manual
• Ensure compliance with revised policies and procedures
• Review existing audit methodology and working paper documentation
• Implement procedures to ensure compliance with ISA's
• Be involved in the strategic planning of the firm
• To actively manage the audit team, including day to day management, performance reviews and their personal
• Research and analyse annual financial statements, to ensure IFRS compliance.
• Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality
• Maintain a good working relationship with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with
client management and staff, at all levels, to perform audit services
• Attend professional development and training on a regular basis
The successful candidate will be a highly experienced professional in all aspects of accounting, and auditing, with professional skills in management and business development. He or she will report to the Head of Assurance Department. Finally, the candidate will have a demonstrated track record of process improvement and possess excellent interpersonal, communication and operational skills.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting or equivalent
• Membership of any Accountancy Body recognized by IFAC
• Minimum of 10 years progressive audit experience
• Professional skills - practice management and business development
• People attributes - strong people manager
• Strong technical skills, with proficiency in IFRS
• Ability to supervise and lead projects
• Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities
• Strong computer skills
• Ability to travel to remote office sites
Remuneration which is very attractive will be in line with industry standards.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Interested applicants should send their applications. addressed to the Staff Partner, bye-mail on or before 13th July 2011 to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Any application not submitted as aforesaid will not be considered.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Business Development Specialist (Retail Banking) in a Commercial Bank - Oscar Temple
- Latest Job Recruitment at The African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Branch Business Manager in the Financial Sevices Sector - Transquisite Consulting
- Application Support Analyst at CITIBANK
- Graduate Recruitment at AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited
- Career Opportunity at Standard Chartered Bank
- Job Openings at a Unit Microfinance Bank
- Latest Job Recruitment at Stanbic IBTC Bank