The Democratic Governance for Development (DGD) project is managed by UNDP Nigeria in support of elections and more broadly, the deepening of democracy in Nigeria. It is funded with contributions from The European Union, the UK Department for International Development (DfID), UNDP, the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA). The project provides technical and financial support to the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) as a means of strengthening INEC as an accountable and responsive institution, and consolidating Democratic Governance in line with international best practices. Following the recently concluded elections in Anambra State of Nigeria and as preparations begin in earnest towards the Governorship elections in Ekiti and Osun States as well as the general elections fixed for February 2015, there is a need to support the capacity of INEC in the area of logistics planning. To this end, the commission is sourcing for Logistics Expert to work with the Elections Operations Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advise and assist with the preparation and implementation of the necessary logistics and operational plans for all materials to be supplied and distributed in support of the electoral process;
- Liaise closely with all electoral units and actors that may be involved in electoral logistics to ensure all logistical requirements are adequately planned for;
- Provide advice on and assist in the distribution and retrieval of electoral materials and equipment;
- Assist in the development of specific provisions for tracking and securing the deployment, storage and retrieval of materials;
- Coordinate with the relevant parties on storage facilities and the movement of all electoral materials;
- Provide advice on transport requirements and identifying suitable facilities, infrastructure and materials required;
- Develop structures and tools for monitoring and management of electoral material including sensitive election materials;
- Develop and master logistics and deployment plans and facilitate logistics training and briefing for staff involved in the operations such as pre-election, election and post-election;
- Provide advice to, and contribute to the capacity building of INEC staff including state EMB’s;
- Perform any other duties as required.
- Promoting ethical standards.
- Organization awareness and team working:
- Apply corporate thinking and judgment to build support;
- Builds and promotes effective team relationships.
Developing and empowering people:
- Ability to build staff competence and to create an environment of creativity and innovation.
- Communicating information and ideas:
- Creating and promoting enabling environment for open communication.
Required Skills and Experience
- Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Operations Research, Statistics or related field (Preferably Masters degree).
- At least 8 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in Logistics management;
- Sound knowledge of managing logistics in EMB;
- Relevant professional certification will be an advantage.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.