Hamilton Lloyd and Associates - Our client is a Conglomerate with interest in various sectors such as Real Estate, Projects, IMPEX trading, Intergrated healthcare, Petroleum , Agriculture, Automation, Data services, and Finance. As part of their structuring process, they have decided to hire an HR Manager.
Plan, recruit, train, motivate, discipline and detain high calibre employees for the purpose of contributing to the achievement of company’s corporate goals; to recommend and implement approved company HR policies; ensure maintenance of industrial peace and harmony within the company’s business.
- Manages, plans, organizes, schedules, prioritizes, assigns, and reviews the work of assigned information technology staff; monitors workload, deadlines, goals and progress.
- Trains staff and ensures application of current performance, policy and processing standards.
- Conducts analysis and provides input into information technology strategic planning. Participates in budget development.
- Establishes unit standards and policies; implements and recommends actions to improve work flow, simplify operational and reporting procedures and improve performance standards.
- Coordinates unit activities with vendors, users and other operational units.
- Maintains work, time and cost records. Writes status reports, including conclusions and operational recommendations.
- Supervises two or more full-time employees or their equivalent, on a regular basis.
- Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees, or makes related recommendations that are given particular weight.
Ability and Skills
- Knowledge of supervisory practices, principles and techniques.
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of providing computing services in an academic environment.
- Knowledge of current computer hardware, software and emerging technologies.
- Skill in supervision (e.g., selecting, training, assigning and reviewing work, leading and motivating, appraising and supervising performance.)
- Skill in establishing and maintaining standards, policies, and operational effectiveness of information technology staff.
- Skill in analyzing operational efficiency.
- Skill in managing projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Honesty, integrity and loyalty of highest order.
- Devotion, diligence, dedication and discipline.
- Commendable leadership skills
- Team work, proactive, self driven, result oriented with a positive outlook.
- Critically assesses own performance and continuing self/personal development.
- Good personality, matured, credible, comfortable in dealing with stock-holders & stake-holders.
- Committed, reliable, tolerant and determined.
- Bachelor Degree in any related field , a Masters degree and knowledge of Business Management/Industrial Relations is an added advantage
- 8+ years of progressively responsible information technology experience including 2 years of supervisory experience;
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems or a related field AND four years of information technology experience which includes one year of supervisory experience; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education
Method of Application
Apply only if you meet the stated requirements. Qualified candidates should forward their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate job title as subject of the mail and only qualified candidates should apply.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted if you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Please read carefully.