Fosad Consulting Limited Is Recruiting
Posted on: 26 March, 2014
Deadline: 7 April, 2014
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Fosad Consulting
Fosad Consulting Limited - Our client in the Oil and Marine sector is seeking to recruit a Senior Accountant that will record,verify,consolidate, and carry out all other transactional activities in their Port Harcourt branch.
The Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparing monthly account reconciliations
- Analyzing revenues, commissions and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately on a monthly basis
- Preparing financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule
- Assisting with analyzing financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances
- Anticipating the challenges in the financial system of the organization and prepare a plan of action to counter it.
- Verifying the invoices that have been submitted for approval and present it to the manager. This also includes balancing the travel and lodging allowances etc.
- Maintaining and balancing subsidiary accounts by verifying,allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Coordinating and resolving various issues with bank such as cleared check differences, bank fee anomalies, targeted balance calculations and enhancements to online services.
- Assisting with preparing tax returns and corporate reporting requirements
- Assisting in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Preparation of management accounts( Profit and Loss Accounts, Balance Sheet and Cash flow statement)
- Preparation and monitoring of company budgets and reporting on variance analysis for management consumption
- Planning and evaluating all accounting procedures and policies to ensure transactions are efficient/ effective, accounting is accurate and complete.
- Managing assigned accounting operations including payables, receivables, monthly reconciliation.
- Projecting finances for long term investments and future projects of the company.
- Preparing and auditing all financial statements including but not limited to: monthly financial
- Statements, monthly closings, monthly accounts payable, accounts receivable, and monthly Cash Flow statements.
- Assisting the upper management with formulation of annual budgets.
- Preparing & presenting monthly, quarterly and annual reports, recommended improvements in organization’s accounting and management practices.
- Reconciling bank statements, cash accounts, accounts receivable and payable balances on a monthly basis. Prepare year-end schedules for audit.
- Management of the main cash and petty cash account.
- Ensuring timely payment of undisputed suppliers’ invoices in accordance with payment terms.
- Managing key banking relationships to facilitate company’s operation.
- Checking and reviewing the monthly payroll, contractual staff salaries and the salary slips.
- Supervising of the filing of withholding tax, VAT and PAYE.
- Coordinating activities of accounts staffs.
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA designation preferred
- 7+ years accounting/finance experience
- Experience in the Marine & Offshore industry preferred
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Excellent Computer Skills esp with Microsoft Office / Excel, ERP professional preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish the tasks and assignments.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Fosad ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Sales Vacancies at First Katalyst Marketing (27 Positions)
- Latest Jobs at Paul Esther Consulting
- Sales Representatives at Thinkshifts Limited
- Sales Executives at Ascentech Services Ltd
- Jobs at PG Consulting limited
- Sales and Marketing Jobs at Vitalysis Group
- Senior Officer, Liability Generation at The Concept Group
- Sales Executive at MyJobMag.com