HReade Is Recruiting
Posted on: 26 March, 2014
Deadline: 8 April, 2014
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Hreade
HReade Limited is a human resource consulting firm which adopts a collaborative approach in ensuring our Clients build competitive advantages through their people thereby increasing value for stakeholders and customers.
The most invaluable asset in an organization is its people. Our goal at HReade is to provide solutions and consultancy services on how organizations can fully utilize their human capital to ensure that their strategic goals and objectives are met.
We are recruiting to fill the following position:
Location: Port Harcourt
Division/Department: Finance and Accounts
Reports To: MD/CEO
The CFO reports directly to the Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer and assists him on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost benefit analysis, forecasting needs, deal analysis and negotiations, investors relationships and the securing of new funding. The CFO will also have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities of the company.
Essential Job Function
- Serve as a strategic partner and adviser to the MD on the organization’s financial, budgeting, treasury, capital purchasing, investor relations, risk management and accounting processes — with an eye to continuously developing and improving systems.
- Develops tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the MD and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operations. Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives.
- Oversee the smooth and effective running and administration of the finance, accounting, and treasury functions
- Oversee month-end, quarter-end and year-end financial statements
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed
- Oversee cash, investment, and asset management
- Prepare Budgets and Business plans in conjunction with all stakeholders and present same to the Managing Director for approval. Ensure effective budget and budgetary control system and performance evaluation
- Analyze company’s financial performance through comparison of budgets with actuals of Income Statements, Balance Sheets, Cash Flows and other reports. Report variances. Administer bank facilities and ensure all obligations to the banks are fulfilled as and when due. Liaise with Banks on the maintenance of facilities, Central Bank of Nigeria guidelines, Interest rates, exchange rates and current issues in the banking sector
- Maintain correspondence with the company’s trade and sundry creditors and organize payments without unduly affecting the company’s cash flow negatively
- Identify sources of financing to expand the scope of company’s business opportunities. Supervises investments and raising of funds for business.
- Establish and execute programs for the provision of capital required by the company, including negotiating the procurement of debt and equity capital and maintaining the required financial arrangements. Coordinate strategic, long-range plans of the company, assess the financial requirements implicit in these plans, and develop alternative ways in which financial requirements can be satisfied.
- Negotiate project financing; structure and documents financial packages and agreements
- Formulate credit policies and ensure compliance
- Manage and track Company`s fund, assets and investments and periodically issues reports on its current as well as projected financial stability/condition ? Ensure financial statements are prepared in line with IFRS
- Study, analyze and report on trends, opportunities for expansion and projection of future company growth.
- Assist in Finance/Account Team recruitment and provide relevant on the job training, skills and capacity building.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with other senior executives so as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Economics/Banking and Finance or related field from a reputable institution
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business ,
- Professional qualification such as ACA, ACCA (required)
- Experience in implementing ERP system (preferred)
- Working knowledge of budgeting, planning, management accounting and corporate finance
- Previous experience in a capital raising function is required.
- Knowledge of Financial management systems, accounting policies and standards; tax management, costing accounting etc.
- Working knowledge of IFRS.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel
- Strong presentation and financial modeling skills
- Demonstrable passion for our company's mission; a hands-on manager with integrity and a desire to work in a dynamic environment.
- Deep understanding and experience with IT & accounting software implementation and deployment is required
- An effective communicator at all levels in the organization, with strong oral and written skills
- Creativity, with experience in funding activities in ways that both cover costs and generate operating margins.
- High level of integrity and dependability
- Demonstrated track record of job retention with evidence of progressive responsibility in financial leadership roles
- Strong values and high standards of ethics, integrity and trust
- Risk orientation and ability to get things done with sense of urgency
- Great attitude with people management skills.
- Problem solving skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Exceptional technical skills
- Focus on value creation
- Mentoring skills
- Mature and proactive
- Strong analytical skills and experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model
- A minimum of 9 to 10 years exprienece
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about HreadeSimilar Jobs
- Finance Director at Mindfield Resources
- Job Opportunities at Lorache Consulting Limited
- Territory Account Managers at Avaya
- Senior Associate (Company Secretarial/Commercial) at OutsideIn HR Limited
- Grants Administrators at Universal Careers
- Security Officers at AFM Recruit
- Customer Support Engineers at Ascentech Services Ltd
- Jobs at AA Racma and Partners Group Limited