Apply For Exciting Career Opportunities At Gloo.ng
Posted on: 19 March, 2014
Deadline: 25 March, 2014
View Jobs in Online Sales / Marketing
View All Jobs at Gloo.ng
Looking for a job? You most definitely won't find that at Gloo.ng. But you will find a career--and a calling!
A career at Gloo.ng offers you a chance to make a difference in your life and the lives of people in your nation, Nigeria. We help our associates realize their dreams by creating opportunities for them to discover and fulfill their personal and professional vision within the context of our corporate vision. Our people have made laser-beam focus on customer satisfaction their calling in life. What is yours? Come and discover it-or fulfill it-with us! Our True North is to do to supermarket shopping in Nigeria what Amazon did to book shopping in the US.
Gloo.ng is recruiting to fill the position of:
- Maintain and refresh the web presence of our ecommerce website.
- Routinely update the site with information about our products/services, pricing, company news, promotions and new products
- Maintain consistency of company branding and messages on the website and digital marketing assets.
- Monitor quality of visual and written content on website and social media and online marketing platforms.
- Design promotional online retail merchandising materials.
- Use knowledge of current graphic design software to produce graphic art and visual materials for promotions, advertisements, packaging, and informative / instructional material.
- Creates brand awareness through the use of web, print and social media.
- Routinely update and maintenance of web presence through the company’s social media sites including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and LinkedIn.
- Create advertising materials such as direct mail pieces, semi-permanent merchandising, ads, and sales collateral that will correctly represent the brand
- Designs promotional pieces with consistency and on-point marketing message
- Utilize graphic layouts to consistently represent the company’s brand and offerings
- Responsible for presenting new creative and design ideas/concepts.
- Work with the needs of internal clients in creation of corporate identity, events, branding, sales and corporate marketing material fulfillment
- Manipulate/update digital photos for web use
- Assists with the production and proofing of all materials
- Creates copy and technical detail for all products
- Optimizes websites for search engine marketing and paid-per-click advertising campaigns
- Empower associates with professional and user friendly graphic tools.
- Ensure synergies between campaign messages and designs.
- Proficient use of Adobe Design Suite, HTML, CSS, Fireworks, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, InDesign, Flash, Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Possess strong sense of concept development, in addition to communication, research, problem-solving and presentation skills.
- Able to collaborate with teams to plan, analyze, organize and execute assigned projects.
- Outstanding web graphic design skills.
- Previous experience with a content management system preferred.
- Solid understanding of web design best practices pertaining to e-commerce including defining site objectives, understanding target-audience goals and driving conversions and user acquisition.
- Pro-active self-starter and independent thinker with ability to be creative, flexible, and detail-oriented under daily deadlines with multiple projects.
- Remains abreast of technological advances in the field and be able to identify areas of use in the organization
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills required.
- Strong work ethic with being self motivated and self starting.
- Positive, optimistic attitude.
- Ability to successfully work in a team environment and collaborate on projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Desire to have fun while working in an environment of intelligent, highly motivated people.
go to method of application »
- Responsible for growing our online visibility and web traffic.
- Create digital marketing strategies and implement digital marketing plans or roadmaps to support lead acquisition and brand awareness objectives across the business to include digital PR, SEO, PPC, social media marketing, Affiliate marketing, etc.
- Email marketing to nurture relationships with new prospects and existing customers, for retention and upsell/cross-sell opportunities for improved marketing ROI.
- Brand awareness and handling of communications and complaint through Social Media engagement.
- Administer campaigns, set measurable goals, and track trends and metrics in Google Analytics, Google Webmasters, Bing Webmasters, etc
- Social Media Engagement: Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus, Instagram, Nairaland, etc
- Off-page SEO such as link building, blogging, forum commenting, etc.
- Keep pace with internet & social media marketing industry trends and developments
- Implement the latest search optimization techniques to create bespoke content as required
- Monitor and report on key performance metrics for natural search ranking, traffic from search engines, conversion rates, etc. and proactively act on the insights provided.
- Strong ability to create, optimize and manage web content.
- A very good understanding of HTML, SEO, Google Analytics and other core online marketing tools
- A desire to succeed and a curious mind, eager to master all aspects of online marketing.
- Passion for social media and internet marketing industries.
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, and identify and resolve problems.
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere.
- Min 1 year experience in online marketing with demonstrated successes.
- Experience working with popular online marketing tools and social media management tools (TweetDeck, HootSuite, etc)
- Experience with website analysis using a variety of analytics tools including Google Analytics as well as internal reporting tools.
- Experience working with CMS and building/administering content in CMS environments.
- Having a solid graphic designing background and/or competencies will be a very clear advantage for this role
Method of Application
If you are interested in becoming a part of our Rock Star Team and in running with The Vision, please send your resume as a .pdf file attachment to: email@example.com quoting the vacancy you are applying for as the subject title of the email.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Gloo.ngSimilar Jobs
- Career Opportunities at Jumia Nigeria
- Operations Manager, Jumia Global at Jumia Nigeria
- Personal Shoppers at Supermart.ng
- Job Opportunities at Jumia Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at Jumia Nigeria
- Digital Marketer/Social Media Associate at FactoryPrice.ng
- Search Engine Optimization Officer at Supermart.ng
- Current Job Placements at Clover Mart (Cmart)