Jobs at Family Health International
Family Health International is a public health and development organization working to improve the lives of the world's most vulnerable people. Our 2,500 staff work in 55 countries, conducting research and implementing programs that advance public health and build local capacity to address development problems, Since 1971, Family Health International has been a global leader in family planning and reproductive health and, since 1986, in the worldwide response to HIV/AIDS. Our research and programs also address malaria, tuberculosis, and other infectious and chronic diseases. Our partners include US and other international agencies, governments, foundations, research institutions, and individual donors.
In Nigeria, FHI is currently engaged in providing public health services and in undertaking research in HIV/AIDS, TS, malaria and reproductive health in partnership with the Government of Nigeria, with funding from the United States aid programs, as well as from the Global Fund and private foundations and corporations. To strengthen our operations, we seek qualified Nigerian candidates for the following positions:
■CLINICAL SERVICE OFFICER (LAGOS)
The Clinical Services Officer, under the supervision of the Senior Medical Services Officer, will provide technical and programmatic support to implement high quality care and support activities with primary focus on the clinical management of HIV/AIDS and Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT) of HIV/AIDS at the zonal and state levels, and provide day-to-day technical and programmatic support related to the clinical management of HIV/AIDS at the facility level, guided by strategies and approaches related to the implementation programs
With the Senior Medical Services Officer:
•Coordinate the implementation of components related to the clinical management of HIV/AIDS and the prevention of mother to child transmission (PMTCT) of HIVIAIDS at the facility level
•Provide technical assistance in HIV/AIDS clinical management and PMTCT capacity building at the facility level
•Contribute to the development of lessons learned from programs and projects related to the clinical management of HIV/AIDS and PMTCT, and apply these lessons to modify existing programs and improve the design of new programs
•Assist in strengthening a system of reporting on program progress against stated objectives and monitoring and evaluation frameworks
•Contribute to the development of program strategies, sUb-project documents, work plans and budgets
•Assist in the provision of programmatic assistance to local. partners in programming HIV/AIDS/STI activities, and
• Remain informed on current programs in the field of clinical management of HIV/AIDS and related development by reviewing current literature and staying alert to any implication of such experience and research to the project implementation, particularly the clinical management of HIVIAIDS and PMTCT at the facility level
Minimum Recruitment Standards:
1. MBBS/MD with 1 - 3 years experience in clinical care with a sound understanding of HIVIAIDS and provision of anti retroviral therapy (ART) in resource constrained settings.
2. 3 - 5 years post-graduate experience in Public Health is desirable.
3. Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system, as well as NGOs and CBOs operations will be an added advantage.
■SENIOR FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (ANAMBRA)
The Senior Finance and Administrative Officer will assume main management responsibility for accounting and finance for the zonal office and ensure compliance with the contractual :
•Supervise state staff in financial management and administrative functions of the state office and local IAs
•Provide main support with problem resolution on country office cash accounts, bank resolutions, MTX, resolution of audited questioned costs, and financial close outs at the state level
•Ensure the accurate keeping of all books of account for the zonal office, including checking account, equipment and supply registers and all accounting records
•prepare monthly and annual financial reports, including financial status of sub-projects’account activities
•Oversee contractual issues for the zonal office
•Ensure continuous flow of fund to Zonal office and sub-recipients USAID andPEPFAR gudelines and regulations
•With the Zonal manger, develop sub-project documents, workplans and budgets
•Oversee capacity building activities and other support to local implementing agencies (IAs) and
•Carry out such other duties as may be assigned
Minimum Recruitment Standards:
1. Masters Degree or its recognized equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration with at least 8 - 1 0 years cognate experience
2. Excellent analytical, interpersonal and computer skills, including Excel and Spreadsheet) required
3. Experience in managing financial records of donor-funded organizations, and familiarity with donor and local contractual procedures
4. A relevant higher degree and professional qualification will enhance applicant's chances
5. Familiarity with donor-funded programs and Nigerian NGO operations will be an added advantage
■ADMINISTRATIIVE OFFICER (ANAMBRA)
The Administrative Officer will be based in the zonal office. H/She, as relevant, will provide administrative and secretarial support to the zonal office and serve as point of contact for logistical and administrative needs in the office.
•Coordinate all administrative and secretarial support services for the zonal office
•Keep proper office records/filings as appropriate
• Record minutes of staff meetings and circulate same amongst the staff of the zonal office
•Coordinate all travel detailsllogistics for staff and consultants, including booking hotel accommodation and arranging for airport and hotel pick-Ups
•Supervise administrative assistants, orderlies and drivers
•Assist the Senior Finance and Administrative Officer in the provision of logistic support for workshops and trainings
•Coordinate all records/storage of supplies from the country office, and
•Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the SFAO and, or, Zonal Manager
Minimum Recruitment Standards:
1. A relevant university degree or recognized equivalent , or HND with 3 years experience in an administrative role with increasing level of responsibility
2. Experience in a large or complex organization preferred
3. Administrative and secretarial skills required
4. Familiarity with international NGO operations is a plus
Method of application:
Forward a suitability statement and resume (CV) as a single MS Word document within 10 days of the date of publication to:
Medservicesjobs@ghain.org for Medical Services Department vacancy, Sharedservicesjobs@ghain.org for Shared Services Department vacancy, email@example.com for IT & Administrative Department vacancy.
Only applications sent electronically (ie. bye-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please do not send more than one application. Failure to follw the underlined instructions above will lead to automatic disqualification.
Family Health international (FHI) does not test/interview candidates for a fee, and all our test/interview of candidates are in the country office Abuja or in our Zonal Offices.