Exciting Career Opportunities At British American Tobacco
Posted on: 17 March, 2014
Deadline: 4 April, 2014
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at British American Tobacco
British American Tobacco is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Number: 3677BR
Job purpose and key deliverables Purpose Statement:
The Imports Manager will be responsible for ensuring that supplies of Wrapping Materials, Leaf Finished Goods and Repairs and Replacement Stores (R&RS) are in quantities that optimise total acquisition costs using the Clarity and EOQ models.
Control performances of purchase activities so as to turn approved Purchase Requisitions into accurately executed Profoma, Form M, LC and other import documentation and ensure that required goods and required documentation to clear arrive OTIF to Nigeria. Coordinate cargo clearance from the ports while utilizing internal and external resources.
- Manage the bond process and ensure the bond facilities are well utilised within limits and the business is not exposed to risk of demands by the government. Provide visibility and good forecasts of bond requirements and cancellations.
- Effective follow up of import documentation to ensure the timely arrival of documentation to minimise total port waiting time.
- Ensure timely payment of import suppliers by timely completion of the clearing documentation process.
- Proactively monitor activities at the port to identify in advance potential issues (crises), escalate and drive for quick resolution.
- Monitor and report performance of the 3PL providers and use the information for benchmarking the logistics process against industry and agreeing & implementing improvement plans.
- Ensure contractual commitments of the suppliers are delivered and exceeded, managed via clearly defined governance structure (target, performance, support).
- Ensure that the total cost of clearing is within target.
- Ensure OTIF payment to foreign suppliers ( WMS , Leaf, R&RS and Finished goods) and local suppliers (Agents) as specified in SLAs / Contracts
- To ensure that the appropriate level of insurance is in place for all WMS and leaf ‘goods in transit’ and that all claims are processed effectively.
- Ensure all records are maintained and provided as per BAT best practice and local regulations.
- To Execute and manage all customs licences in relation to Customs and Excise, Excise factory and the bonded warehouses to ensure they are always valid thus ensuring continuity of the business.
- Identify opportunities to reduce total material leadtime from PR to arrival in-factory
- Restructure the Imports department to reduce number of handoffs and identify opportunities to increase the involvement of the Logistics Service providers in the imports operations.
- Develop a succession plan with corresponding development plan for Direct Reports in Direct Procurement.
- Intervene in all cases to mitigate delays of company shipments of raw materials at the ports.
- Carry out or recommend training, induction and orientation for new and existing supply chain staff in the import process
- Carry out regular evaluation of existing clearing agent and new ones
- Provide training, development and coaching of direct reports.
- To build and maintain effective relationships both at peer level and vertically throughout the supply chain.
- To own the relationship with key internal stakeholders: Finance, Insurance, Security, Planning team, Area Supply chain team, other BAT factories.
- Implement a Supplier/Customer Performance improvement and Tracking System for the purpose of optimising Supplier/Customer performance and achieving improved supplier/customer partnerships
- To ensure excellent relationship with the following key external stakeholders: Customs, 3PLs, External Audit, governmental agencies and Banks to ensure smooth and efficient logistics operations and services
Key Success Factors:
- Achieving the clearing cost targets
- Excellence in import clearance execution
- Excellent customer service and outsourced solution capabilities measured by ‘On time in full’.
- Full adherence and compliance to internal and external control requirements and regulations
- Regular imports performance reviews and improvements to achieve business results
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- University degree and 4 years experience in the Nigerian importation process.
- Result-driven professional with extensive experience in Logistics (freight sourcing strategy, external & internal relationship management , shipping, import documentation.
- Good knowledge of Cigarette and Tobacco products raw material/product knowledge will be an added advantage
- Grasp of Clearing process (including understanding of demurrage cost drivers)
- Appreciation of Nigeria Customs trends
- Leadership, teambuilding, motivation, communication and negotiation skills
- Customer-focus, with a desire and resourcefulness to find solutions to complex problems.
- Awareness of security and insurance polices and practices
- Supplier / third party / outsourced logistics solution management
- Influencing and leadership skills
- Good command of English (written and spoken)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about British American TobaccoSimilar Jobs
- Job Vacancies at GZ Industries
- Packaging Technologist (Supervisor) at Promasidor Nigeria
- Job Vacancies at a Multinational Manufacturing Company - Stresert Services Limited
- Food Technologist at Ukhozi Personnel
- Sales Manager at May & Baker Nigeria Plc
- Auditors at The Coca-Cola Company
- Trainee Technical Operator at Technoglass Industries Limited
- Effluent Treatment Plant Operator at SABmiller Plc