Girl Hub is a non-profit organisation which formed as a result of a strategic partnership between DFID and the Nike Foundation. It aims to invest in and unleash the unique potential of adolescent girls as the most powerful force for change in the developing world. Girl Hub will work with others to build evidence, facilitate partnerships and use innovative social communications to catalyse change for adolescent girls. We are looking for exceptional talent and commitment to join an exciting and growing partnership in Nigeria, with this position playing a critical role in the success of the future scale up.
Reporting line: Finance and Operations Manager
This post is only open to Nigerian nationals and/or those who have the right to work in Nigeria. The post holder is responsible for ensuring the overall smooth running of the Girl Hub Nigeria office, providing logistical and administrative support to its overseas visitors and its workshops and events. He/she will also lead on the procurement of goods and services, ensuring that Girl Hub procedures and best practice is being followed. The post holder will also be heavily involved in leading on the upcoming office move. We are looking for someone who is passionate about our work and who is looking to be part of a dynamic and enthusiastic team.
- The job holder will have key responsibilities in the following areas:
Procurement and logistics
- Lead on the procurement of goods and services for GHN in accordance with DFID/NF procurement policy and best practice. This includes obtaining quotations, establishing relationships with suppliers, and ensuring that all necessary paperwork is completed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Provide logistical support to overseas visitors including help with visas, transport and accommodation bookings and travel advice. This also includes giving security briefings to all visitors and collating information on insurance provisions and duty of care.
- Co-manage and ensure the security of petty cash in accordance with GHN procedures.
- Oversee logistical support for GHN events and workshops
Office Management and Administrative support
- Manage the asset register and ensure the safeguarding of Girl Hub’s physical assets. Ensure office supplies are managed effectively and with a view to value for money.
- Oversee and manage the office’s IT infrastructure, including management of any Service Level Agreements (SLA)’s, and ensure best practice by all staff on data protection and IT security. This will involve liaison with Girl Hub’s international IT function
- Be responsibility for dealing with and managing the transport needs of all staff in accordance with GHN policy. This is both in terms of vehicles (taxis and DFID hired cars) and air travel.
- Ensure compliance with GH policies in day to day work, and have significant input into the updating of existing GHN policies and procedures.
- Provide back stopping support for implementing security and risk mitigation procedures in addition to duty of care .
- Keep an up-to-date record of staff leave, travel and insurance provisions. Maintain and update GHN contact database.
- Work with the Girl Experts as girl Safe guarding officers to ensure 100% compliance of the girl Safe Guarding policy.
- Ensure proper electronic and paper filing and archiving.
- Other duties as agreed with the line manager
- Degree level education
- Experience with all aspects of office management and administration including procurement, administrative support,
- Event/workshop management and IT.
- Computer literate (i.e. WORD, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer).
- Excellent personal organisational skills, including priority management and ability to meet deadlines. Self-motivated with excellent team-working skills.
- Good level of spoken and written English. Good communication skills.
- Commitment to and understanding of Girl Hub’s aims, values and principles.
- Minimum 5 years experience working for an international NGO or other international organisations
- Experience in working in Northern Nigeria
- Experience of working in insecure environments
- Fluency in Hausa
Method of Application
Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered.
- CV-only applications will not be considered. Please provide references, but do not attach any written recommendations.
- We only accept applications online and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position as the subject
- Please submit your application marked “Senior Operations Coordinator” no later than 21 March 2014.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.