Women for Women International (WfWI) provides women survivors of war, civil strife and other conflicts with the tools and resources to move from crisis and poverty to stability, self-sufficiency, and active citizenship, thereby promoting viable civil societies. WfWI has an immediate opportunity for a Men’s Leadership Coordinator for our Nigeria Country Office. The position will be located in Enugu State.
The Men’s Leadership Coordinator (MLC) is responsible for developing, review, delivery and evaluation of an integrated training program targeting multi-level local men’s leadership and traditional leaders in Enugu State to respond to the varied impact of violence against women at the community level.
. Oversee training and educating community, religious and traditional leaders and their stakeholders on violence against women and its impact on the community
· Enhance the capacity of community and traditional leaders to develop strategies to address the varied impact of violence against women on the community;
. Working with community leaders and local partners, recommend initiatives aimed at strengthening community structures to better respond to violence against women through changed attitudes and perceptions on sexual violence and women’s rights.
· Responsible for coordinating advocacy campaigns to sensitize men on gender violence
.Meet with colleagues to share techniques, strategies, success stories, difficult cases, supplemental materials, etc.
.Coordinate weekly, monthly and annual training schedules in collaboration with other staff and trainers from other departments, as appropriate.
.Orient new participants about program rules and goals.
. Ensure lessons are delivered from the WfWI Men’s Leadership curriculum according to an established schedule.
. Provide information to participants about other services provided by the organization such as vocational training, business skills training or numeracy training.
. Provide information to participants about services of partner organizations or other community services such as microcredit, legal aid, health care, counseling, etc.
. Support curriculum development for men’s leadership training
. Responsible for mobilization, enrolment and coordination of trainings for traditional leaders and men’s groups
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
. University degree in the social sciences plus minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience managing projects in one or more of the following sectors: social services, education (preferably with adults), psychology, community development, and/or women’s issues.
· Demonstrated commitment to ending violence against women.
· Understanding the role of men in ending violence against women.
· Demonstrated experience working on community development issues.
· A minimum of 2 years experience in similar experience.
· Demonstrated experience working with NGOs, particularly international NGOS is highly desired.
· Demonstrated experience and skills in organizing training with and for authorities, community and traditional leaders.
· Strong computer skills (especially Microsoft Word and Excel).
· Excellent report writing skills, Strong interpersonal skills.
· Experience project development, budgeting and financial management
. Experience conducting research survey and evaluation.
· Required oral and written communication skills in English, French, and oral fluency in other local languages.
· Ability to collect and analyze information and write proper reports.
Interested candidates should send your CV. and covering letter on or before 25th March 2014 explaining why you are suitable for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.