Women for Women International (WfWI) provides women survivors of war, civil strife and other conflicts with the tools and resources to move from crisis and poverty to stability, self-sufficiency, and active citizenship, thereby promoting viable civil societies. WfWI has an immediate opportunity for a Monitoring & Evaluation Manager for our Nigeria Country Office. The position will be located in Plateau State.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager oversees and manages the successful implementation of all the Office’s monitoring and evaluation activities through implementation of M&E strategies. The M&E Manager will work in coordination with other Managers to ensure quality data collection and reporting to HQ Global Programs Unit.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Monitoring and Evaluation Program Planning
1. Develop field level framework and schedule of implementation for all components of the M&E system, including working in coordination with Program Manager to facilitate use and training on all M&E forms.
2. Promote a culture of lessons learned and best practices of M&E activities, ensuring that data and processes are discussed in appropriate forums and in timely fashion for effective use in field activities.
Monitoring and Evaluation Program Implementation and Management:
1. Manage and provide M&E guidance to M&E Officer(s) and country staff in the implementation of all monitoring and evaluation activities, programs and strategy.
2. Coordinate with Program Manager, Finance and Administration Manager and Income Generation Manager to ensure that M&E data is integrated into all country planning, programming, and reporting.
3. Oversee data collection, training of M&E staff and tracking of program participants and graduates.
4. Coordinate special evaluations, impact studies, and community assessments as needed. Participate in regular field visits to support implementation.
5. Consistently compile and report on key M&E information to fulfill data/ information requests from country office and GPU.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
· University degree in Social Sciences or a relevant field and a possession of a Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
· Experience of at least 3-5 years in monitoring and evaluation/ development work/ poverty reduction programs preferably within the INGO environment;
· Demonstrable understanding and experience of gender issues and proven commitment to addressing gender inequalities in all areas of responsibility.
· Experience of using participatory tools and research methodologies for program identification, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
· Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work well as a part of a team and to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, program, and participants;
· Ability and willingness to work with minimum supervision, and under pressure and to meet deadlines;
· Ability and willingness to travel & work away from Country Office as required;
· Excellent written and oral communication skills;
· Computer skills including working with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Email.
Interested candidates should send your CV. and covering letter on or before 31st March 2014 explaining why you are suitable for the job to: email@example.com Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.