British Council Nigeria is Recruiting
Posted on: 10 March, 2014
Deadline: 21 March, 2014
View Jobs in Government
View All Jobs at British Council
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The British Council is currently looking for a suitably qualified and experienced individual to join us as Venue Staff
Purpose of job:
- To invigilate exams to British Council and Examination Board standards.
Context and environment:
- Nigeria is the largest British Council exams business in the Sub Saharan Africa region.
- It administers exams in four subject areas: Schools, Professional/Vocational, and Educational on behalf of UK institutions and IELTS.
- In 2012 we will delivered roughly 73,000 exams to 26,000 candidates.
- The post holder will be required to work in any of the cities listed above.
- Note that the post holder might be required to invigilate exams at locations different from their base.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To invigilate exams and support Exams Service officers as required,
- Adhere to all instructions issued by the supervisor/examination board.
- Be familiar with all relevant notices, instructions and requirements relating to the specific examination.
- Place signs and notices outside the exam room as per the supervisor’s/examination board’s instructions.
- Complaints, comments and feedback are dealt with in accordance with corporate policy and the Exams Quality Standards.
- Be impartially friendly to candidates.
- Be smartly and appropriately dressed with no noisy jewellery or heels.
- Attend training sessions before conducting any invigilation duties.
- Attend the annual refresher training sessions.
- Attend Other meetings as required by British Council staff
Method of Application
Please read through the Venue Staff role profile. Download and complete the British Council venue staff application form. To help you understand and complete the application form, read through the ‘How to complete the application’ document on the jobs page. Listed within the role profile document, you will find a number of listed ‘behaviours’ and ‘skills and knowledge’. Evidence against those criteria will need to be provided in your role application form. To help you understand those criteria, we have provided a ‘behaviours’ and ‘generic skills’ dictionary at the top of the jobs page.
Completed application forms should be sent to email@example.com no later than Friday 21, March 2014. Please ensure the subject of your mail is, “Venue Staff”.
Only applications received on the British Council application form will be considered and only short-listed candidates will be contacted. The British Council is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity and Diversity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about British CouncilSimilar Jobs
- Consultant at the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)
- Latest Recuitment at The Federal Fire Service
- Ongoing Recruitment at The Edo State Civil Service Commission (PART 4)
- Ongoing Recruitment at The Edo State Civil Service Commission (PART 3)
- Ongoing Recruitment at The Edo State Civil Service Commission (PART 2)
- Ongoing Recruitment at The Edo State Civil Service Commission (PART 1)
- Graduate Community Liaison Officer at the British High Commission (BHC)
- Latest Recruitment at The Nigeria Sovereign Investment Authority ("NSIA")