If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
EngenderHealth works worldwide to improve the lives of individuals by making reproductive health services safe, available, and sustainable. We provide technical assistance, training, and information, with a focus on practical solutions that improve services where resources are scarce. We believe that individuals have the right to make informed decisions about their reproductive health and to receive care that meets their needs. We work in partnership with governments, institutions, and health care professionals to make this right a reality.
The Fistula Care Plus project is a five year cooperative agreement, funded by the United States Agency for International Development and managed by EngenderHealth in collaboration with partners. It seeks to increase access to quality treatment services for obstetric fistula, improve prevention, strengthen the environment to support prevention, treatment and reintegration services, and to conduct research to improve the quality of services.
Based in Sokoto, the Administrative and Logistics Officer is responsible for providing the administrative and logistics management support for the project.
- Provide primary administrative support to the Office Manager to ensure smooth operation of the Nigeria office
- Maintain and update the approved vendor list for the Nigeria office
- Assist Office Manager in identifying damaged equipment and arrange for repair or replacement as well as monitor utility bills due and arrange payments
- Assist Office Manager in procurement related activities – soliciting for bids etc consistent with established EngenderHealth SOPs
- Maintain a register of all existing service contracts and agreements and notify the office manager when any is due for renewal
- Maintaining a database of hotels and contracts with rates in locations that the project operates
- Maintain custody of and issue on demand all equipment required
- Maintain stores stock card system for receipt and issuance of items (vehicle parts/consumables, printed items etc)
- Assist with recruitment – initial contract with vendor for placement of adverts, sending out invitations and arranging materials for interview
- Assist in delivery of all official mails and collection of mails from project post office box
- In collaboration with Administrative Assistant or Program Assistant , manage the project office supplies with a view to ensuring adequate supply of basic items always
- In collaboration with relevant staff, assist in managing the store and supplies therein
- In collaboration with the Administrative Logistics Officer, manage the generator and vehicle maintenance log database
- Carry out reception duties when the receptionist is away
- Assist in the procurement process – dispatching and receiving request for bid proposals
- Maintain a record of all vendors and partners contact details
- Petty cash custodian
- Providing support during trainings, workshops and meetings in collaboration with the Procurement and Logistics officer
- Perform any other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CERTIFICATIONS:
- BA in Administration, Business Management, Marketing or other relevant field.
- At least three years’ experience working in the field of procurement, Operations management, Logistics management or other relevant field.
- International Organization experience is an asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of computer application, internet, website and other essential computer software is essential
- Strong organizations skills and able to effectively manage systems of the operations/logistic activities
- Excellent coordination skill, time management, and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Willingness to work under pressure.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to effectively work in a team.
- Good command of English.
- Ability to travel when required.
Method of Application
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Interested applicants should click here to apply online.