If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Centre for Financial Studies, a subsidiary of CIBN (Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria), the umbrella professional body for bankers in Nigeria, in conjunction with Lagos Business School, an institution of higher learning and a specialist in knowledge generation and dissemination is seeking to engage a qualified candidate for the position of Head, Centre for Financial Studies.
To further drive the Research objectives of the Centre, the qualified candidate for the role of Head, Centre for Financial Studies will be responsible for the under listed.
Reports To: Advisory Board (CIBN) Directly Supervises: Research Assistants
- Reporting to the Advisory Board of CIBN, the job holder’s responsibilities include:
- Provide strategic leadership for the Centre.
- Present a yearly advancement/grant writing action plan to the advisory board.
- Manage and monitor departmental budgets. Plan and drive strategies for achieving target revenue and Centre deliverables
- Develop evaluation tools to continuously monitor programme implementation and delivery to ensure quality assurance.
- Organise all Centre events and programmes as well as coordinate all related activities.
- Constantly publish research outcomes in relevant journals and any other media.
- Provide regular information regarding the Centre’s activities to all stakeholders.
- Represent the Centre at meetings and events with key organisations.
- Any other specific or adhoc duty to be assigned by the Advisory Board from time to time.
- High ethical standards
- Leadership and networking skills
- Customer service skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to manage self
- Flexible and adaptable
- Research oriented
- Fund raising skills
- Budgeting and financial analysis
- Relationship management
- Strong reporting and presentation skills
- Knowledge of business and economic fundamentals
- Consultancy skills
Minimum qualification & Experience
- Academic Qualification: Minimum of a MBA or MSc. A PhD is an added advantage
- Professional Qualification: Membership of a related professional body is an advantage
- Cognate Experience: Minimum of Twenty (20) years experience in a business development function of a medium or large organisation. Five (5) of which must be research based.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 21, 2014. Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted. LBS offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants.