Osun State College of Education, Ilesa - Consequent upon the approval of the Governor of the State of Osun, Ogbeni Rauf Adesoji Aregbesola, applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for consideration for appointment into the position of the College Librarian.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Librarian who is a Principal Officer is Head of the Library and is responsible to the Provost for managing day to day running of the College Library.
- The incumbent will be expected to equip the Library with state of the art-equipment for document retrieving, referencing and photocopying.
- He/She must be able to establish good relationship with other similar Institutions’ libraries in the country and abroad.
Qualifications and experience
- The candidate must possess a good University Degree in Library Studies or Library Information Science with at least fifteen (15) years’ experience in Library Management, preferably in similar educational setting;
- The candidate with master’s degree in Library studies should have a minimum of ten (10) years post qualification experience, should be computer literate and must have registered with Librarian Registration council of Nigeria.
Conditions of Service
The salary for the post in CONPOCASS 15 and other allowances determined by the State Government of Osun.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are requested to submit (15) copies of their application letter, current curriculum vitae and the necessary/relevant documents which should contain the following information:
- Full names (Surname underline)
- Marital Status
- Number of Children
- Date and Place of Birth and State Origin
- Current Postal Address/including Telephone Number and E-mail Address
- Permanent home address
- Name and address of next of kin
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Academic/Professional Qualifications and Distinctions
- Membership of Professional Bodies/Associations
- Work Experience in chronological order
- Administrative experience
- Present employment status and salary
- Publications (in standard format)
- Major Technological innovations or inventions or Project complete
- Extra-curricular activities
- Names and address of (3) Referees
Candidates should request their nominated referees to send their confidential reports on them under separate cover direct to:
Osun State College of Education,
P.M.B 5089, Ilesa, Osun State.
Applicants should write ‘Employments’ at the top left hand corner of their envelope and note that only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale