The U.S. Consulate in Lagos is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position of Security Investigator in the Regional Security Office (RSO).
Basic Function of the Position:
The incumbent assist the Senior FSN Investigator in conducting background investigations of employees and contractors; assist with special investigations maintains police liaison; performs security functions as assigned. Conducts pre-employment and recertification security and suitability investigations for all employees and contractors of the U.S. Consulate in Lagos as assigned by the Senior FSN Investigator. All discrepancies and/or allegations of misconduct resulting from these investigations must be satisfactorily resolved prior to employment of the individual. Conducts other investigations as assigned by the senior FSNI or RSO.
NOTE: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
- Completion of two to three years of University or College studies in the field of social sciences or Law is required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of progressively responsible experience in investigative work with a military, police or private organization is required.
- Level III (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing in English is required.
- Level III (Good working knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing in Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba language is required.
- Must have knowledge of the principles and techniques of investigation.
- Must possess ability to maintain extensive contacts with officials of various local agencies including the Police.
When fully qualified, U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and U.S. Veterans are given preference. Therefore, it is essential that the candidate specifically address the required qualifications above in the application.
Additional Selection Criteria
- Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
- Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
- Current Ordinarily Resident employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report are not eligible to apply.
- Currently employed U.S. Citizen EFMs who hold a Family Member Appointment (FMA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment.
- Currently employed NORs hired under a Personal Services Agreement (PSA) are ineligible to apply for advertised positions within the first 90 calendar days of their employment unless currently hired into a position with a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- Salary: Or–Ordinarily Resident–N3, 810,106 p.a.(Starting basic salary) Position Grade: FSN-08
- In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
- NOR - Not Ordinarily Resident – AEFM - US$45,185 EFM/MOH – US$38,779 (Starting Salary) p.a. Position Grade: FP-06
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered:
- Application for US Federal Employment (DS-174); or a current resume or curriculum vitae that provides the same information as a DS-174; plus.
- Candidates who claim US Veterans preference must provide a copy of their Form DD-214 with their application.
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- A type-written and signed application letter specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
Submit Application To:
Embassy of the United States of America
Human Resources Office
Plot 1075 Diplomatic Drive
Central District Area
Or submit to: HRNigeria@state.gov
Click here for full job description.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.