Jobs At ILF Consulting Engineers (ILF)
Posted on: 3 March, 2014
Deadline: 14 March, 2014
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at ILF Consulting Engineers (ILF)
ILF Consulting Engineers (ILF) consists of several international and independent engineering and consulting companies. ILF helps demanding customers successfully execute complex industrial and infrastructure projects. Today, the ILF companies rank among the world's leading engineering firms in the areas of their core expertise.
ILF has main offices in Innsbruck and Munich, and more than thirty subsidiary offices worldwide. A permanent staff of over 1810 are employed to develop and execute project solutions for international customers. All ILF companies are certified to ISO 9001.
ILF is recruiting to fill the position of:
- Ensuring Company owned / managed vessels and Contractors vessels are operated in a safe, efficient and economical manner and in full compliance with Class and Statutory regulations.
- Liaising with the Port Captain, Port Authorities and vessel Masters with reference to Certification, Safety.
- Monitor vessels crews compliance with STCW ’95, MLC 2006 and other training requirements.
- Ensure that vessels carry the required publications, procedures, operational manuals, and other documentation required by Flag State and other regulatory bodies, and that these are updated as required.
- Ensure IMCA guidelines and “best industry practises” are adhered to at all times, with regard to vessel DP operations, equipment and personnel requirements.
- Ensure that the vessels DP equipment is in a fully operational state of readiness at all times.
- Attend Annual DP Trials & FMEA audits as required.
- Ensure that CMIDs, OVIDs etc are carried out.
- Ensuring compliance where appropriate with the Company’s Procedures and Policies in accordance with the requirements of the ISM Code and ISO 9001:2008 ISO14001:2004 & ISO18001:2007 Standards.
- Assisting with investigating of any Marine related accidents or incidents and preparing reports in conjunction with QHSE Manager.
- Participating in vessel inspections and providing accurate reports indicating vessels current equipment, machinery, structural and operational status.
- Participating in HSE and stopping and reporting any unsafe acts and also reporting on good safe working practices observed.
- Actively promoting safety awareness among all Company Personnel.
- Monitor vessels safety and respond to Vessel Safety Meeting Minutes.
- Monitor the performance of sub-contractors services provided to vessel operations (e.g. consumables, catering) and liaising with sub-contractor to report, discuss and implement any corrective actions considered necessary.
- Undertaking visits offshore to vessels on location as required by the Project Manager.
- Ensuring that end of month vessel paperwork is reviewed and outstanding issues acted upon.
- Assisting in the internal and external audits of vessel working on the project.
- 20 years of work experience in the general area of responsibility
- 15 years of work experience in comparable area of activity, oil and gas industry.
- Fluency in English (written and oral), able to lead meetings in the English Language
- Good knowledge of computer software and office software.
- Highly pro-active working style with team work spirit.
- Proven experience in large intercultural projects
- Unlimited Master Mariner?s license in compliance with STCW II/2.
- Experienced as a Class-1 Marine Engineer who must have worked as Chief Engineer in Coastal / Foreign going vessels an advantage
- Unlimited D.P. Certificate
- Minimum 5 years of sea experience as Master of offshore vessels.
- Minimum 3 years shore experience as Port Captain or Marine Superintendent.
- AHTS Experience preferred.
- DP experience essential.
- STCW Certificates must be valid at all times.
- Analytical Thinking.
- Business Understanding.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online Or Email: Joy.Ukaha@ilf.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ILF Consulting Engineers (ILF)Similar Jobs
- Job Openings at Eko Maintenance Limited
- Job Openings at EMBiNIX
- Job Vacancies at Subsea 7
- IT/Computer Engineer at EPCM Engineers Limited
- Deputy Manager, Sales at Thermax Limited
- Customer Service Officer at Germaine Auto Centre
- Business Development Officers at GOF Autos Limited
- Purchasing Assistant at Bosch Africa