Firstplus Planning Consultants Limited - Our client in the hospitality industry is seeking to recruit an expatriate General Manager for a new prestigious 120 bed hotel, with 2 event halls, bar, restaurant and outdoor swimming pool, opening soon in Port Harcourt, Rivers State Nigeria.
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers State
Reporting To: Chairman Board of Directors
To co-ordinate and maximise the hotel’s physical and human resources, achieving optimum standards of service and value to hotel guests within profit objectives and in a manner consistent with the company’s philosophy and policies.
- To be involved in pre-opening activities.
- Overall responsibility for the day-to-day running of the hotel, including the delivery of a high standard of customer service.
- Developing improvement action.
- Efficient operation and cost control of all hotel departments and facilities
- Rooms and public areas consistently maintained to standards of attractiveness, comfort and cleanliness
- Food and beverage consistently maintained to standards of quality, innovativeness, service and presentation
- Ensure energy consumption is monitored and minimised
- Coordinate planning sections with regards to time tables, work schedules, employer – employees’ relations within different services.
- Ensure adherence to relevant legislation relating to: fire; hygiene, employment, licensing, etc.
- To represent the hotel and the company in a positive and productive manner to guests, colleagues and the community.
- To be aware of the hotel’s position compared to local competition and ensure that plans are developed to maintain or improve the position as necessary and to maximise hotel sales.
- To ensure the proper maintenance of the hotel’s physical facilities resulting in employee and guest safety, orderly operations, good appearance, compliance and legislation, suitable working conditions and cost control.
- To ensure that appropriate systems and controls are in place and able to produce regular and accurate information for the hotel.
Qualifications & Experience
- A degree in relevant discipline.
- At least 10 years’ experience in the hospitality industry.
- Certified Hotel Administrator and previous experience in the hospitality field is required.
- Experience in pre-opening hotel will be an add advantage.
- Special consideration will be given to those who exhibit exemplary performance
Skills and Qualities
- The successful candidate must possess strong leadership skills and must be computer literate with strong database and spreadsheet skills- MS Suite and other relevant software utility packages.
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication, and problem solving skills.
- The GM should be able to multi task and demonstrate a respectful, professional, and courteous demeanour at all times.
- Other qualities include determination and attention to detail.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.