Jobs At The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture IITA
Posted on: 28 February, 2014
Deadline: 13 March, 2014
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View All Jobs at IITA - International Institute of Tro
IITA is an international non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization established in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium. Our R4D approach is anchored on the development needs of tropical nations. We work with partners to enhance crop quality and productivity, reduce producer and consumer risks, and generate wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable candidates for the position of Driver II at the Institute’s Headquarters in Ibadan.
Location: Oyo State
Conditions: 2-year renewable contract
- Drive vehicles within and outside Nigeria to convey, IRS, other staff, collaborators and visitors.
- Record trip details in the vehicle logbook.
- Liaise with Insurance Officer to ensure that vehicle documents (local and international) are valid and up to date.
- Carry out routine vehicle maintenance checks
- Carry out vehicle cleaning and ensure adequate kitting (tools, medical box, and accessories)
- Liaise with Workshop to ensure prompt servicing of vehicle as at when due.
- Ensure courteous and prompt attention to passengers’ needs while being conveyed.
- Ensure due completion of feedback form for each trip completed and return same to Transport Pool Services.
- Ensure safety of vehicle and passengers property.
- Perform any other function as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- WASC with valid professional drivers’ licence (Class ‘E’) plus at least five (5) years corporate driving in an international research institute.
- Be conversant with Nigerian roads;
- Posses ability to drive long distance with good eye sight;
- Be mentally alert and physically fit.
- Be able to work under pressure and be ready to work on weekends where necessary.
- Demonstrate ability to speak more than one Nigerian language.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior officer at work and evidence of current remuneration package to IITA website. Click here for more details on the job.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about IITA - International Institute of Tropical Agricul...Similar Jobs
- Head of Accounts Department at AMO Group
- Accounts Payable at Tomato Jos
- Technical Officer at SIAT Nigeria Limited
- Senior Agronomist at KPMG Nigeria
- Warehouse Manager at WACOT Limited