We have been retained by a leader, within its niche in the oil and gas industry, at both the national and global levels. Our client, a company with strong reputation behind it and a bright future ahead of it, requires the services of a highly skilled, self-motivated and dedicated professionals ready, to work under their own initiative, putting in enormous effort and long hours, with tenacity to achieve results for the position of GM, Finance and Compliance.
To assure that quality Financial, Compliance and Human Capital Management Systems are designed, deployed and maintained in manner that meet regulatory! statutory obligations; company policies; processes; as well as Standards of Conduct and Operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Corporate Planning & Systems: Manages corporate planning, systems design, financial projections, financial policies and control procedures manual,
- Finance Management Systems: Handles Budgeting - including Capex and Opex, Forecasting, Treasury Management, Cost & Credit Control, Margin Analysis, Costing & Profitability Analysis, and Financial Management Reporting
- Banking and Working capital: Prepares and appraises working capital requirements, arranges Letters of Credit and Bank Guarantees, arranges Suppliers' Credit and Buyers' Credit, places commercial papers and liaises with banks and other financial institutions
- Accounts, Tax & Audit: Finalizes accounts - including profit & loss; balance sheets and cash flow, attends to audit matters, manages employee and corporate tax matters, manages ERP Package in place, manages debtors and controls credit, coordinates financial reporting and insurance
- Compliance Programme Management: Develops and maintains policies, processes and procedures to maintain currency and relevance as well as assure the general operation of the Company's Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct,
- Compliance Assurance: Collaborate with other departments to ensure that compliance obligations and approval requirements are Obtained, acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance concerns within the organization are appropriately resolved, identifies compliance vulnerability and risk; develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Compliance Communication and Training: Develops and maintains an effective compliance communication program for the organization, heightens awareness of Standards of Conduct, understanding of compliance issues and facilitates compliance training programmes for the company.
- Compliance Review and Reporting: Provides direction and guidance in identifying and managing regulatory approval and compliance matters including works approvals, environmental operating licences, and other applicable approvals; undertakes compliance reviews to identify gaps and opportunities, and communicates progress to management.
- Human capital Management: Foster mutually beneficial relationship between Staff and Management of the company, such that people perform to the best of thefr abilities and the organization achieves stated corporate objectives.
To manage finandal, regulatory; human capital, statutory; tax; and compliance obligations in a manner that enables the achievement of corporate objectives.
- Degree in Accounting, Sciences, Engineering, or other closely related field,
- 12+ years' experience, 5+ must be in a senior but similar role, in the oil and gas industry,
- Must be a Chartered Accountant,
- Must have extensive experience in human capital management,
- Must be a registered professional with the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria,
- Familiarity with, and ability to present, IFRS - Based financial reports
- High level of professionalism, courage, accountability, and personal integrity,
- Excellent organizational, communication and presentation skills,
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and proactive,
- Strong critical thinking skills and capable of anticipating organizational needs,
- Aptitude and attitude for compliance, ethical behaviour, and decision-making,
- Candidate must be fully conversant with Budgeting, Forecasting, Cost & Credit Control, Margin Analysis, Costing & Profitability Analysis and Management Reporting, and
- Must be versed in dealing with Banks and Financial Institutions.
Method of Application
Our client offer competitive compensation and exciting work environment. Interested candidates should apply within two weeks, providing full career and compensation details along with personal contact information, to this email: email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.