The ICRC is an impartial, neutral and independent humanitarian organisation. For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Abuja is looking for a qualified and motivated candidate with the capacity to work autonomously to fill in the following position:
- Maintain ICRC ICT equipment and networks in all five offices, comprising Desktop and Laptop computers, Laser and Inkjet Printers, network switches, routers and appliances and UPS.
- Maintain ICRC Network Infrastructures in all five offices, including the Structured Cabling system and other data/voice grade cabling and layouts.
- Manage and keep proper inventory of the IT and Radio equipment park and ICRC authorized software autonomously and according institutional rules.
- Monitor and take proactive actions on the performance of leased telecommunication services to
- ICRC structures, including Internet Service, and Phone Lines.
- Maintain PBX systems in all five offices, including programming and installation of phone sets.
- Install and maintain radio equipment, including VHF handsets, HF & VHF fixed and mobile radios.
- Provide Help Desk assistance to users, directly and/or remotely.
- Manage ICRC's VHF and HF licenses file (updates, requests, follow up) .
- Manage the stock of ICT equipment in the main office in Abuja, incl. storage, packing and dispatch.
- Undertake support missions to all offices in Port Harcourt Kano, Jos and Maiduguri.
- Manage domain users and network credentials.
- Liaise with Head of ICT Regional and with Regional ICT Engineer on ICT matters.
- B.Sc Degree or High School Technician Diploma in IT related field, engineering or equivalent training
- Min. 3 years experience in a similar function preferably with an international organization
- Very good knowledge of Windows based computers and good IT troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in managing a computer network environment (bigger than 40 pes)
- Capable and motivated to continuously update itself on latest developments.
- Good knowledge of radio (HF & VHF) technology and satellite communication
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (mother tongue)
- Strong sense of responsibility and autonomy with good organizational skills.
- Good knowledge of ICT services and equipment market and vendors in Nigeria
- Able to undertake outdoor works with physical effort.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are invited to submit their application (letter of motivation, CV, copies of certificates/diploma, references) to the following address, not later than 11 March 2014. Attn:
31 Pope John Paul II Street,
Please clearly indicate niT Technician" on your envelope. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.