Application Developer at a Leading Oil & Gas Company - Workforce Group
Posted on: 9 August, 2018
Deadline: 12 August, 2018
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Workforce Management Centre
Workforce Group - Our client, a reputable company in the Oil & Gas Sector, is currently headhunting for a suitable candidate to fill position below:
Department: I.T Department
Reporting to: Line Supervisor
- The Application Developer will be responsible for developing, testing, installing and monitoring software applications, in order to ensure that the software performance meets company and user’s requirements.
Job Responsibilities and Duties
- Creating, maintaining and implementing the source code that makes up the application or program. Also responsible for designing the prototype application, indicating program unit structure, and coordinating application plans with other members of the development team or customer.
- Responsible for designing, developing, delivering, and improving in-house software applications on a variety of platforms and systems.
- Maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects.
- Working closely with other staff on the maintenance and performance of software systems and asking questions to obtain information, clarify details and implement information.
- Finding and fixing faults in applications.
- Solving application problems in a timely manner.
- Ensuring proper version control and documentation of development activity.
- Developing user guides and providing varying degrees of software support.
- Making sure that applications can be run on existing and new hardware.
- Creating applications tailored to business needs to run on platforms/hardware.
- Delivering technical presentations/demonstrations of work.
- Researching, identifying and recommending new applications that would improve company operations.
- Applying proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate, verify, communicate, and resolve software application issues through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of the company’ IT investments and initiatives.
- Reports - Generating the required weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annual and annual reports and presentations based on applications developed or improved on.
- Monitoring and managing databases for optimal performance.
- Recognize business needs of the organization and create new applications that answer those needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in related Information Technology Degree
- 2-4 years of application development experience.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel
- Working technical knowledge of networks, PCs, servers and operating systems
- Working technical knowledge of current Windows Operating systems software, protocols, and standards, including firewalls and Active Directory
- Experience in developing Business Intelligence solutions. Specific experience with Microsoft PowerBI is a plus
- Demonstrated ability and experience in working with current best practices and technologies for front end web development such HTML5, CSS3, JQuery and Bootstrap
- Demonstrated ability and experience in working with one or more server-side web development toolsets such as the LAMP stack.
- N150,000 monthly plus other benefits.
Method of Application
Applicants should send updated copies of their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org using "Application Developer" as the subject of the mail.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Workforce Management CentreSimilar Jobs
- Fleet Officer at ENYO Retail & Supply
- Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL) Fresh Job Recruitment
- Open Water Construction & Installation Adviser - Expat at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Business Development Executives at Terra Energy Services Nigeria Limited
- Latest Vacancies at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited (DBESL)
- Sales Support Officer at an Oil & Gas Company - Willers Solutions Limited
- Systems/Database Administrator at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Group Corporate Services Executives at an Oil and Gas Firm