Action Against Hunger (ACF)-USA is part of the ACF-International Network which works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
M&E Technical Advisor, Damaturu, with at least 70% time in the field (12 months)
The M&E Technical Advisor will act in close collaboration and giving direct support to the Yobe WINNN STA, under the guidance of the Nutrition PM, to ensure implementation of the M&E plan for Nutrition Programme, including monitoring progress against activity and critical milestones as well as providing support and guidance to STA, LTAs, IYCF TA, and Government counterparts.
Summary of Key Objectives:
- Provide support in the collection, compilation, analysis and reporting of CMAM, IYCF and MNCHWs data throughout Yobe State
- To build capacity of health staff at State, LGA level and health facility level and to track progress on capacity building activities
- Coordination and support to the government health offices both at the state and LGA level.
- Support Accountability, communications and training
Qualifications & Essential Skills:
- Bachelor of Science in public health, statistics or demography with previous experience working in nutrition or health projects.
- Experience of data collection, collation; extremely high capacity for synthesis large quantities of information and data, clear analysis and reporting.
- Experience of emergency nutrition work and the design and implementation of feeding programmes (ideally IYCF, CTC/CMAM), including IYCF monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel, Sphere standard, SPSS, SMART
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; willingness to be respectful, kind, sensitive and empathize with all beneficiaries and their carers.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Hausa.
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff. Excellent computer skills.
Method of Application
Applications, including CV and Letter of Motivation, should be sent as follows using the job title as subject matter: By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Or dropped off to:
NO 1, Jerry Gana Close
- Applications must be received not later than Tuesday, 25th February 2014.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.