Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies, with subsidiaries that conduct business worldwide, including Nigeria.
Chevron Nigeria Limited hereby invites applications from qualified candidates for employment. These positions will he initially located in Lagos. The company also provides career opportunities to its workforce in other Chevrons worldwide operations.
Chevron is committed to sound environmental and safety practices and exhibits cultural diversity. Our employees conduct their day-to-day work with the principles outlined in The Chevron Way which expresses our vision to be the global energy company most admired for its people, partnership and performance.
If you are interested in becoming a valued employee of Chevron Nigeria Limited, a company that provides excellent career opportunities and welfare packages, this opportunity awaits you! Will you join us?
Chevron is recruiting to fill the following positions:
Requisition Number: 037133817
Locations: Escravos, Delta State, Nigeria
Chevron Nigeria Limited is accepting online applications for the position of Escravos FSO Cargo Supervisor
Cargo Operations and Maintenance:
- The Escravos LPG FSO Cargo Supervisor is responsible for all cargo, ballast and offloading operations.
- As minimum, the Cargo Supervisor shall know and meet the performance expectations of the Escravos FSO Cargo Operator, and be prepared to advice and direct in any of the areas covered.
- The Cargo Supervisor shall have a detailed knowledge of cargo planning, tank preparation, loading, stowage, discharging, sampling of cargo and the preparation of reports and records related to the cargo in compliance with sound marine practices.
- He shall maintain the FSO Control Center – FCC cargo operation watch as required by FSO manager's standing orders.
- The Cargo Supervisor shall be able to handle routine situations primarily unsupervised, but would still show good judgment on when the FSO Manager should be alerted to attend the FCC in a supervisory or observer capacity.
- The Cargo Supervisor shall be intimately familiar with required FCC organization modes applicable in all situations and would be able to take steps to institute them.
- He shall ensure proper documentation of FSO cargo, ballast and liquid-freeing activities to protect Chevron Nigeria’s legal and commercial interests with respect to international and local regulations and custody transfer.
- He shall be able to make written plans for all aspects of the above with time lines as needed for overall planning, and be able to designate manning resources to ensure efficient and effective coverage.
- The Cargo Supervisor shall have the technical expertise to detect the nature of problems on the cargo system and its equipment, and will be able to work with maintenance supervisor when necessary to correct them and use alternative means of carrying through plans when such are available.
- The Cargo Supervisor shall work with the FSO maintenance department to align manpower and other resource priorities, and will actively contribute to planning FSO strategy under the direction of the FSO manager.
- The Cargo Supervisor shall be thoroughly familiar with all on-board firefighting equipment and installations, to the extent that subordinates can be successfully trained and directed in its use and maintenance.
- He shall ensure that test and maintenance records are maintained up to date, and that required schedules are maintained.
- He shall play a leading role in training personnel in all aspects of shipboard safety and firefighting techniques, and be able to take charge of on-site emergency countermeasures.
- He shall be completely familiar with all aspects of such procedures as (but not limited to) enclosed space entry, hot work, lockout/tagout, pollution prevention, working aloft and safe lifting.
Regulatory and Compliance:
- The Cargo Supervisor shall have a good depth of knowledge of the requirements of MARPOL, as appropriate for the FSO operations.
- He shall know the requirements of such regulations as, but not limited to, the loadline, SOLAS, IMO, SIGTTO and port state conventions; and those of the flag state, classification society, to the extent that the FSO meets their standards in the deck department and is prepared for inspection at any time.
- He shall be familiar with all sections of the CNL Operational Procedures System. The Cargo Supervisor shall be a proponent of Chevron policy.
- The Cargo Supervisor shall be capable to act as second in command of the FSO when necessary in the FSO manager's absence.
- The Cargo Supervisor shall have responsibility for the deck department administration and act as a member of the FSO management team.
- He shall manage all aspects of deck department organization to achieve goals set by the overall FSO organization and maintenance strategy.
- The Cargo Supervisor shall support the FSO manager in maintenance of shipboard discipline.
- At this level, he will take a leading role under the FSO manager in maintaining good order and discipline throughout the FSO.
- The Cargo Supervisor shall assist the FSO Manager to develop the FSO marine/cargo personnel in all the aspects of cargo and ballast operations, particularly when they are new to the position.
- He/She shall be able to manage and motivate junior operators and crew in a businesslike and reasonable manner to achieve required end results, and keep people informed as to what is required of them and will monitor for resulting quality and quantity of work.
- He shall not be afraid of advocating an unpopular course when necessary.
- The Cargo Supervisor shall take an active part in economic FSO operation.
- He shall be thoroughly familiar with FSO spending objectives and the systems in place to monitor and direct these.
- He shall prepare requisitions and manage inventory levels according to the FSO manager’s directions, ensuring proper storage and utilization of material once on board, and take an active role in managing the FSO in an energy-efficient manner.
- He shall control manpower and exercise control of overtime to obtain best return.
The Escravos FSO Cargo Supervisor shall hold a valid STCW Reg II/2 Master Mariner Unlimited License and the Petroleum / Gas and dangerous goods endorsements. He should have at least, 10 years sea service on large seagoing Crude/LPG/LNG tankers and a minimum of 3 years experience at Chief Officer rank or equivalent offshore experience.
The Escravos FSO Cargo Supervisor is responsible for ensuring the CNL Management System and associated Standard Operating Procedures are implemented effectively. This position has authority for the marine and cargo activities such as LPG loading and offloading. This position reports to the FSO Manager of the Escravos LPG FSO.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.