If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi - Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of University Librarian which will become vacant soon, in the institution
- The University Librarian will be responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the administration of the University Library and the Co-ordination of the Library services in the University and its campuses, colleges, faculties, schools, departments, institutes, and other teaching and research units.
- Candidates should possess a Masters degree in Library Science/Library & Information Science with at least 15 years cognate experience in University librarianship, Ph. D in the relevant fields will be of an added advantage.
- An applicant should not be below the rank of Deputy Librarian.
- Candidates should show evidence of scholarly publications in reputable journals and ability to initiate, undertake and supervise research, as well as considerable professional and administrative experience to run the library of a University of Technology.
Conditions of Services
- The appointment is for a single term of five years. Salaries and other conditions of service shall be as provided for University Librarians of Federal Universities by the Federal Government of Nigeria and the Governing Council of the Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauchi.
Method of Application
Applicants who fulfill the requirements shall forward to the Registrar, 30 copies of their application and curriculum vitae which should include the following:
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with names and ages
- Permanent Home Address (Not P.O. Box or P.M.B)
- Current Postal Address
- E-mail Address and G.S.M. Number Institutions attended with dates
- Academic and Professional Qualifications with dates
- List of publications with detailed titles, publisher, and dates
- Honours, Distinctions, and Membership of Professional Societies
- Working Experience with dates
- Present employment, salary, status, and dates
- Extra Curricular Activities
- Names and Addresses of three (3) referees (two of whom must be Professionals in University librarianship)
Application and Curriculum vitae should be forwarded in sealed envelop, marked “Application for the post of University Librarian” to:
Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University,
P.M.B. 0248 Bauchi,