Careerforte Nigeria Is Hiring
Posted on: 14 February, 2014
Deadline: 24 February, 2014
View Jobs in Media / Radio / TV
View Jobs posted same day
Careerforte Nigeria - Our client is currently seeking an Online Content Editor for a startup regional eNewspaper!.
- The Online Editor owns the eNewspaper’s website and its features, from strategy development to execution. The Online Editor should be a big-picture person with a detail-oriented personality, someone who is able to formulate ideas and strategy with the help of very lean and mobile editorial staff and translate them into engaging features on the web. Qualified candidates must be incredibly creative, sharp, and forward thinking while still hands-on and task-oriented.
- Develop ideas for, and oversee execution of, interactive features on the websites, including monitoring of website comments, maintenance of an RSS feed, and creation of newsletters using online publishing tools.
- Maintain the breaking news section of the website with links to industry-related news from other media outlets as well as news items from other editorial staff.
- The editor will edit stories; write stories; supervise reporters; blog when needed; and ensure that news is posted quickly and updated as needed round the clock. This editor will know how to obtain and process both photos and videos for presentation on the web. This editor will work closely with the digital staff.
- This editor will direct local newsgathering efforts and will participate in decisions about story presentation and placement.
- Editor will edit copy, design pages, post stories online, create photo galleries, and manage the homepage of the eNewspaper, drive traffic to the website through social media and more
- Design skills and Web experience are preferred. Familiarity with NewsGate is a plus.
- This is an ideal position for an editor who has mastered copy editing, knows design and is eager for digital opportunities.
- Very importantly she/he will act as an online brand advocate by developing relationships with industry bloggers, joining online social networks as a corporate representative, and working to increase the number of links pointing to our websites on industry resource lists.
- Monitor traffic reports for websites and develop ideas to increase traffic.
- Manage interns, off-site freelancers and content providers.
- Proven writing and editing skills.
- Must have an understanding of HTML, XHTML, XML and content management systems (knowledge of Java and Flash a plus)
- Demonstrated experience creating rich media content and writing for the web and familiarity with online publishing tools.
- Ability to work in the fast-paced environment of the web, juggling multiple projects at once
- Understanding of social media channels and networks and how to use as tools to engage and grow audience
- Ability to analyze reader trends and statistics.
- Solid news judgment and a thorough understanding of how to find relevant news and information.
- Video and audio production and editing skills a plus
- Must work well in a team environment, have the ability to multitask in a deadline-driven environment, and adapt constructively to change
- Must be technically savvy and able to quickly master new processes and software tools used for content editing and production
- Personal or professional experience using web-based social networks is preferred, or must become adept at using them
- Certification: Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, communications or related field, or equivalent experience
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly include a cover letter (not more than 500 words) which should cite examples of your excellent news judgment. Work samples should include headlines and page design - or links or screen captures highlighting Web work.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Marketing Lead/Cofounder at Paruto
- iROKOtv Massive Recruitment for Offline Sales Agents
- Job Vacancies at a New Radio Station
- Job Opportunities at the Nigerian NewsDirect Newspaper
- Social Media Marketing Manager at Versatile Reporters
- Urgent Entertainment and News Reporters Vacancy at Mighty Media Plus Network Limited (Qed.ng)
- Brand Manager at MediaVision Limited
- Managing Editor at Campus Punch