Credit Risk Analyst (Manager/AVP) at Citibank Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 11 July, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at CITIBANK
Citibank Nigeria Limited, the leading global financial services company, provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services.
Job ID: 18045318
Job Function: Risk Management
Purpose of the Job
- To identify, analyze, dimension and manage the key risks facing the bank (primarily credit risks) for standard credits, complex credits including Financial Institutions (FI’s), syndicated loans and other complex transactions, including transactions involving derivatives and market risks, with the key objective of ensuring a healthy portfolio and minimizing financial losses.
- In view of the need to preserve as well as maximize shareholders’ wealth, particularly in a dynamic environment like Nigeria, it is imperative to have a strong risk management framework adequately staffed with the requisite risk expertise, to ensure a healthy risk asset portfolio, and entrench best-in-class risk management practices.
- Timely and good quality initial, interim and annual credit approval requests/reviews, which comply with institutional and regulatory guidelines.
- Analysis of complex transactions, customers and industries including Financial Institutions (FI’s), syndications, acquisitions and other Corporate Finance/Treasury initiatives, including derivatives and market risk impacted transactions - with capacity to provide policy and process knowledge and guidance, as pertinent.
- Conducting Industry Credit Reviews (ICR’s) and Target Market studies.
- Collaborating with the relationship management teams in ensuring that credit approvals are timely and current.
- Early problem recognition, monitoring identified risk triggers and raising credit red flags.
- Supporting remedial management initiatives and/or actions, where necessary
- Ensuring the implementation of agreed action steps identified to address credit issues (including issues raised by Credit Reviewers, Internal Auditors, Regulators etc.).
- Maintaining customer interface and developing contacts; regular credit calls on customers.
- Monitoring events in the local and global environment; understanding of impact on bank’s credit assets.
- Undertake special tasks assigned by CRM (Country Risk Manager)
- Collaborate in the preparation of the country’s scenario plan.
- Collaborate in the negotiation of International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA) agreements and related documentation.
- Participate in the formulation and implementation of the Country’s business and risk strategy.
- Prepare stress tests and rapid portfolio reviews.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of a university undergraduate degree.
- A postgraduate degree in a financial and/or business discipline, or a professional accounting and/or financial management qualification.
- 15 years post-graduation experience out of which 10 years must have been in the banking industry and at least 3 years must have been on an manager or equivalent grade level.
- Evidence of experience in at least three (3) major areas of banking operations.
- At least 10 years of commercial or investment banking experience with industry and/or specialized knowledge covering key segments of the economy - Oil and Gas, Industrials, FMCG, Telecoms, Public Sector, Financial Institutions etc.
- Proven track record of leadership in originating and/or analyzing and/or reviewing/approving credit requests and/or proposals across industry segments
- Proven track record in conducting and/or actively participating in portfolio, industry and/or sectorial reviews and analysis, including articulation, co-ordination and implementation of action plan.
- Product knowledge (including Cash Management, Trade, Treasury products, Loans and Corporate Finance)
- Strong numeracy and analytical skill.
- Strong computing skills.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Strong management and organization skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to CITIBANK career website on jobs.citi.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about CITIBANKSimilar Jobs
- Tellers at GTI Microfinance Bank Limited
- Associate Director - Investment & Financial Services at SB Capital Partners
- Fresh Jobs at Altara Credit Limited
- Jobs at Obafemi Awolowo University Investment Company Limited (OAUICL)
- Group Head, Commercial Banking Lagos & South at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
- Financial Manager at Transsnet Group
- Latest Jobs at Growth in Value Alliance (GV Alliance) Partners
- 2019 Wema Bank Plc Hackathon Program