SOS Children's Villages works in133 countries to support families and help children at risk grow up in a loving home. In a world filled with poverty. violence, and injustice. the greatest victims arc often children. For more than 60 years, we have worked with partners ill each community to either help families care for their children or to provide an alternative, for instance an SOS family in which the love of a career is essential. Everything we do is based on the best interests of the child. and each has an individual development plan. We focus on the care, health, education and general development of each individual. SOS Children's VIllages Nigeria is looking for Programme Directors, to lead planning. implementation. monitoring and evaluation of the children's village programmes.
Location: (Isolo-Lagos, Owu-Ijebu Ogun State. Gwagwalada-Abuja FCT and Jos-Plateau State
The Program Director will have overall strategic, programmatic, financial, and management responsibility for the project. Working closely with and managing a core staff of technical and administrative program professionals. she/he will ensure that project objectives. outcomes, and deliverables arc met and that financial, operational, and reporting requirements of the donor are adhered to. The Program Director will be the primary liaison with the client as well as with other donors, partners and Shareholders including the Nigerian Government,
Qualifications, Capabilities/Skills and Experience:
• Advanced diploma/degree (University. higher colleges) in community development, child development, child & youth care, management. human resource management, education, or social work.
• An additional master degree in one of the /IOOVC mentioned fields is an added advantage.
• Minimum of 5 years of work experience in leadership. management and child/youth quality care (preferably in an NGO).
• Strong work experience in community development, child/youth. care. education, or social work is desired.
• Experience in coordination and collaboration of stakeholders including government agencies, host
state governments and counterparts, and international donor agencies.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
• Familiarity with the political, social, economic. and cultural context of working in Nigeria preferred.
• Strong passion for child's rights and development
• Must be vigorous and versatile in handling task. A strategic thinker and innovative in her/his approach.
• Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
Interested candidates are encouraged to .vend application and detailed resume/curriculum vitae (CV) with three traceable references to:
The National Director
SOS Children's Villages Nigeria
18, Church Street, Off Salvation Street,
P.O Box 660 Shomolu Lagos, Nigeria
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Closing date: two weeks from the date of publication