Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development.
- The role is responsible for Financial Reporting under IFRS, Tax Operations and compliance, Enterprise and Airtel Money Operations & compliance and Finance operations in Nigeria.
Duties and Responsibilities
Accuracy in Financial Reporting:
- Prepare or direct preparation and ensure the accuracy of monthly & Quarterly financial statements (Income statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flows) per IFRS for the Nigerian entities
- Ensure internal controls are in place and comply with all business, accounting policies and guidelines for Airtel with respect to the Enterprise solutions / Lease line business and the Airtel Money business with our partner Access Bank.
- Supervise and review the management of all activities related to financial accounting such as: invoicing; refunds; purchasing; payroll; collection of accounts receivable; management and payment of suppliers; management and payment of contracts; assistance in the ongoing monitoring and management of banking relationships, cash flow analysis and the management of short and long-term debts; performing bank and other key reconciliations
- Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding accounting policies and procedures, and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
- Develop and implement internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for all financial reporting related activities
- Ensure compliance as per IFRS Accounting Standards, guidelines of the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria (‘FRC’) and applicable local regulations.
- Tax planning and compliance in line all relevant tax legislation and procedures as determined by the Federal Inland Revenue Services (‘FIRS’) Nigeria, resolution of all tax issues resulting from tax audits. Proactive analysis and management of the Company’s tax liabilities including all federal and state taxes
Internal & Statutory Audits:
- Coordinate audits of company accounts and financial transactions to ensure compliance with Group accounting policies, relevant accounting standards and other legislation.
- Provide leadership to all of the finance staff in terms of Inspiring and motivating others to perform well, delegating work assignments that match the response to the person and Setting expectations and monitoring delegated activities
- Optimize and maintain the Enterprise Resource Planning solution with the aim of providing a good platform for fast and accurate reporting on the company’s financials.
Relevant Skill and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or any Business related field. MBA will be an added advantage
- Professional qualification: ACA, ACCA
- 15 years work experience, desirable in the Telecoms industry
- At least 5 years' related experience at Senior Management levels of a large undertaking with revenues in excess of 700 million USD
- Has managed a large team of qualified resources
- Working knowledge of Oracle or other ERP
- Expert knowledge of financial accounting principles and concepts (IFRS) in order to perform tasks listed under Principal Duties and Responsibilities above
- Hands-on Tax experience and understanding of the laws applicable to Nigeria
- Self-Motivated and exceptional ability to work independently
- Team-work ability to enable effective interaction with and motivation of other team members, including peers and senior management.
- Strong ability to manage multiple tasks to completion at the same time.
- Excellent Planning and Organizing Skills.
- Have a flair for numbers, work well with people, aggressively anticipate impacts of workload/issues to team deadlines and have a very positive work attitude including willing to work longer hours during peak periods.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills in an intense operational environment
- No of Direct Reports: 3
- Overall Team Strength: 40
- Functional dotted line to the Head Financial Reporting Africa at Nairobi
- Review and working relationship with Shared Services, Central Financial Reporting and Strategic Vendor Accounting in India
Method of Application
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants. If you have not been notified of the outcome of your application within two weeks of the closing date, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
Interested and qualified? Go to Airtel career website on www.linkedin.com to apply