If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Federal School of Surveying - The School was founded on 1ST July, 1908 as a Government Department Training Institution attached to the Colonia Survey Department in Lagos for the training of Technical Assistants. It later moved from Lagos to Ibadan in 1926 and later to Oyo in 1934.
For about 80years of its existence, the School was running programmes only in Land Surveying. In January 1989, the Federal Survey School of Photogrammetry and Cartography earlier based at Ebute-Metta, Lagos was transferred to Oyo and merged with the School. In effect, from 1989, the School started to run Basic (Later Intermediate) and Advanced Certificates Programmes in Photogrammetry and Cartography.
The School had also changed its name at various times. It had been known as “Survey School”, “School of Surveying”. “Federal Survey School” and finally by virtue of decree 19 of 1990 it was established as “Federal School of Surveying”.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the vacant position of:
- The School Librarian shall be responsible to the Rector for the administration and control of the School Library.
- The person holding the office of the School Librarian shall, by virtue of the office, participate in the total life of the School.
- He or she must be creative and innovative, having the ability to generate ideas that will move the Library forward.
- Applicants for the post must possess Ph.D in Library Science with twelve (12) years cognate experience or
- A good Honours Degree in any discipline and Masters in Library and information Science from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- The candidate must in addition have fifteen (15) years cognate experience and shall not be below the rank of Deputy Librarian Evidence of mastery of Information Communication Technology (ICT) and relevant publications in journals and textbooks equivalent to a Chief Lecturer is a must
- Experience in higher educational institution will be an added advantage.
- In addition, candidates must be a full member, Librarian Registration Council of Nigeria (LRCN)
Conditions Of Service
The salary attached to the post is CONPOCASS 09 as applicable in the School. In addition, other attractive fringe benefits shall be provided in line with the status of this office and subject to other conditions as may be approved from time to time by the Governing Council.
go to method of application »
- The Deputy Director of Works and Services shall be responsible for the control of the Works and Services Department, formulate divisional strategies to achieve the institutional goals.
- The person shall plan and control the technical activities of the Works Department including staff, advise the Rector on the acquisition, operation ‘and maintenance of all School assets
- In addition, the person shall keep the inventory of all College vehicles and has responsibility for other maintenance, security and up keep,
- Applicants for the post must possess a first degree in Civil Engineering plus full registration with COREN with at least ftfteen (15) years cognate experence in a project/work management OR a registered civil engineer with a Master Degree with twelve( 12) years relevant experience.
- The person must be computer literate.
Conditions Of Service
The salary attached to the post is CONTEDISS 14 as applicable in the School
Method of Application
Interested applicants are to submit fifteen (15) copies of their application, photocopies of all claimed credentials and the data providing the following information:
- Post of which application is being made
- Full Names
- Mobile Phone Number(s)
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- L.G.A and State of Origin
- Nationality (if Nigerian and State of Origin)
- Permanent Home Address (not postal office address)
- Current Postal Address
- Marital Status
- Name of spouse
- Name and Ages of Children
- Name of institutions Attended with Dates
- Qualifications obtained With dates
- Academic publication (if any)
- Academic honours and membership of professional bodies
- Experience, posts held with duration, salaries and dates of present occupation and status
- Names and addresses of 3 referees, one of whom must be in position to supply Applicant’s academic and professional reference.
- Date available for appointment
- Signature and date
Applications in an envelope marked with the post applied for should reach:
Federal School of Surveying
P.M.B 1024, Oyo
In addition, candidates are required to ask three (3) referees to send confidential reports on them to the same address