Jobs at NASD / OTC
Posted on: 9 June, 2011
Deadline: 30 June, 2011
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at NASD OTC
NASC OTC will operate an electronic quotation and trading system in the over- the –counter (OTC) securities market. We are committed to building a company where highly talented, creative people thrive and will invest heavily in employee satisfaction. Currently, we are seeking highly talented, committed and creative individuals to fill the following positions:
• Chief Technical Officer (CTO)
JOB TYPE: Full time
The CTO will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of the
Low-latency quoting and trading systems.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is demonstrably able to manage a project from start to finish. Such a person will have an existing track record in technical leadership and ideally would have led an IT project or division. The selected candidate will be responsible for all activities associated with the management of the trading system and maintaining improving daily service delivery to all stakeholders.
Other functions include:
•Determining the technological f infrastructural needs of the company;
•Evaluating options available and recommending appropriate solutions;
•Ensuring compatibility of new systems with existing software and hardware;
•Procurement of new hardware, software, and peripherals
•Overseeing the acquisition, installation and configuration of workstations, operating systems, applications and client/server software;
•Testing, assisting and validating the seamless integration of third party systems necessary for stakeholders access to company's platform and services
•Providing support for MS Exchange, BlackBerry, and related E-Mail servers and infrastructure; and
•Maintaining the vendor relationship and following all issues to resolution.
Soft skill requirements:
•Excellent interpersonal and communication;
•Ability to quickly learn are a MUST;
•Self-starter able to work independently with little direction;
•Customer-focused with excellent social skins; and
•Strong willingness and ability to train others.
•A background in computer science and possibly a masters degree;
•Experience with the development of large and complex client-server applications;
•Experience in building firewalls and other and general IT infrastructure set up;
•Experience with client/server and distributed computing;
•Software development experience in the trading, brokerage, or financial services industries;
•Understanding of transaction processing in this context is a big plus; and
•Knowledge of other communication hardware (conferencing etc).
Qualified applicants are encouraged to send their resume to Info@nasdng.com quoting reference number 003CTO
Counsel –Compliance and Legal
JOB TYPE: Full time
The lawyer will be responsible for addressing NASD's regulatory obligations associated with all trading and member and user compliance and regulation. The successful incumbent will have at least 7 years of experience in the financial services industry, particularly in compliance, legal, and regulatory functions. The role requires a strong understanding of all legislation that affects Nigeria's financial markets.
Some of the counsel's responsibilities will include:
•Submitting regulatory filings related to SROs as required by SROs or any other regulatory authority
•Acting as the primary point of contact with all regulators
•Providing advice on any changes in laws, regulations, guidelines, codes of conduct and market practices that may impact NASD.
•Advising the Hoard on all regulatory issues in its capacity as an SRO and regulation of its members and associated persons
•Assist the Board in setting up a regulatory and compliance environment that ensures high level of commercial honor, transparency and integrity of the company, its members and associated persons.
Responsibilities will include:
•Maintain the appropriate registrations with SEC and other regulatory and self regulatory organizations that regulate investment and trading activity
•General Counsel the NASD
•Advice on project based initiatives
Soft Skill Requirements
This is an ideal role for a highly organized individual with exceptional communication skills and top notch research, analytical, and problem solving abilities. The candidate must also be able to quickly build and maintain great working relationships with all stakeholders.
•A minimum of 10 years post qualification in the practice of Law
•A master's degree in law or an additional business related professional qualification (ACA, CIS, CFA)
•Strong organizational skills in addition to excellent oral and written communication skills
•Broad based asset management experience dealing with complex products, regulatory structures and legal issues
•Experience as Legal Adviser to a financial institution or regulatory agency
•Experience including exposure to regulatory compliance, policies and procedures development, risk management and best practices.
•Ability to represent the firm with external clients
•Ability to work independently and perform under pressure and within tight time constraints.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to send their resume to Info@nasdng.com quoting reference number 004CLO
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
JOB TYPE: Full time
The CFO manages and directs overall financial planning and performance activities of the company by designing and developing short and long term strategies, plans and systems to monitor and ensuring efficient management of the resources of NASD. .
The ideal candidate will participate actively at the senior management and Board level in the development and implementation of long term strategic plans.
Other functions include;
• Monitor all expenditures and ensure effective -cost control measures are
• determines overall financial policy in conjunction with the CEO;
• Researches and presents strategies in relation to policy position,
• Interest rates and asset/liability management;
• Maintains direct accountability for all financial statements and reports; regularly reviews effectiveness of accounting and cash management systems
• Prepares or reviews reports to an regulatory and review bodies including internal auditors, external auditors and the Board of Directors. Oversees the general administration and human resources management of the organization.
• A University degree and Professional accounting designation
• An investment professional designation is a valuable plus
• Five years progressive experience in financial control J reporting
• Highly proficient with such applications as Excel, Power Point and Financial Modeling applications.
• Proven ability to supervise and manage the Accounting I Administration
Qualified applicants are encouraged to send their resume to email@example.com quoting reference number 005CFO
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about NASD OTCSimilar Jobs
- Job Openings at a Microfinance Bank - Staffline Consulting Limited
- Human Resource Manager at Credit Business Services Global Limited (CBS Credit)
- Job Vacancies at Eagle International Resource
- Customer Service Officer Recruitment at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Ongoing Nationwide Graduate Recruitment at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- Accounting Vacancy at Lovonus Microfinance Bank
- Job Opportunity at a Nigerian Bank Via SPC Patterns Consulting
- Job Openings at Mayfair Microfinance Bank Limited