Consultant at World Bank
Posted on: 9 June, 2011
Deadline: 23 June, 2011
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at World Bank
Local Appointment (Extended Term Consultant: One year, Renewable) Location: Abuja, Nigeria
The World Bank Nigeria Country Office is looking for an experienced professional, capable of operating effectively in a very demanding fast-paced environment to serve as a local Extended Temporary Consultant.
The Consultant will work in the Poverty Reduction and Economic Management Unit and will have various responsibilities like assisting in the management of projects and supporting policy relevant economics analytical work. The incumbent will interact with other members of the Nigeria Country Team both in Abuja and Washington, DC.
World Bank Consultant
The incumbent will:
*Assist in the supervision of the Economic Reform and Governance Project with the Federal Government by taking responsibility as a primary working-level World Bank liaison for a number of agencies
*Assist in work on public financial management
*Maintain and expand the database for economic analysis of the Nigerian economy.
*Provide inputs and assistance to the preparation of policy notes and other analytical work
*Provide assistance for other projects or tasks in the work program as necessary.
* Master's degree in economics from a reputed international or local university, with two or more years of relevant work experience
* Excellent understanding of macroeconomics, public financial management, and a good working knowledge of the Nigerian economy.
*Experience in project management with international organizations would be an added advantage
*Ability to work under pressure to produce good-quality output in response to tight deadlines;
* Strong inter-personal and team skills, ability to develop effective relations within and outside the organization; interest in working in a diverse, multi-cultural team;
*Analytical ability and resourcefulness in performing varied tasks in the area of functional speciality ;
*Good judgment and a high degree of commitment to the job.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications online at www.worldbank.org/career before close of business on June 23,2011. Once on the site look for job number 111025 and follow the steps to apply. PAPER APPLICATION WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about World BankSimilar Jobs
- Information Technology Job Vacancy at AB Microfinance Bank Nigeria Limited
- Graduate Customer Service Assurance Officers at a Financial Services Company - Workforce Group
- Job Vacancies at ARM Life Plc
- Job Opportunities at a Fast Growing Microfinance Bank
- Job Vacancies at Recruut
- Jobs at Credit Business Services Global Limited (CBS Credit)
- Job Opportunity at Regent Microfinance Bank Limited
- Legal Vacancy at Abbey Mortgage Bank